BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45144 - 11/12/07 08:13 AM My videos
Luksa Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Slovenia
Hey guys. Here are some of my videos. I'd appreciate any comments on what needs improving etc.

My avg is around 180-185, but it's not a typical US house shot (I posted the oil pattern in another thread). My rev rate is 300. My strike ball speed is 14-16 mph, my spare ball speed is 19-23mph (measured at the pins).

My spare ball speed is a lot higher than my strike ball speed. As you can see in the videos, I bend my elbow in the followthrough on my strike balls, but keep the elbow really straight on spare balls. I know I need to work on keeping it straight on my strike ball as well.

Side view (strike shots):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7PJtXpXfdM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDrqxskVl0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYw8-jYbea4

Side view (spare shot):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my33Z-IQ_sM

Back view (strike shot):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9iPeRYnovY

Back view (spare shot):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_fl3A6xS3o

There are also AVI versions of the videos at http://www.sioug.si/files/luksa (for frame-by-frame analysis...)

Right now I'm working on two things:

- pushing more forward into the slide (when I don't think about it, I push off very quickly and in a way that makes my trail leg go too far to the left and causes me to rotate my slide leg to the right)

- focusing on the target (usually I focus on it really well during the stance, but then it gets blurred sometime during the approach. After the shot, I have no clue where the ball actually went.)

thanks

Bowling klub

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#45150 - 11/12/07 10:03 AM Re: My videos [Re: Luksa]
silvercoachinhouston Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: 19/M/Houston, Texas
You look very polished, and I'm guessing you have spent a lot of time developing your form. Great job making it as far as you have!!

From your videos, I can only see one thing that may be affecting your game: In the last part of your swing, you start to lead with the shoulder, meaning that you are throwing the ball, not allowing it to roll. The #1 key to great bowling is a free, loose armswing. If you can pause the video as the ball reaches your ankle, you can see that your shoulder is ahead of the ball, so you are shoving the ball into the lane. If you can relax your arm in the back swing and let it fall, the ball will lead your shoulder forward, and on video you will see that as your ball reaches your ankle, your shoulder will be slightly behind or above the ball. This "throwing" the ball can also cause your sliding leg to rotate to the right, tying into what you desribed above. Trust me, even some of the best bowlers in the world struggle with this from time to time, but it is easier for some than others.

As far as knowing where the ball goes after you let go, OH MAN!! That could increase your ability by leaps and bounds! This is one of the easiest things to fix, and it can help you tremendously. Most bowlers have a tendency to let go and then just watch, however, the ball is providing you with critical information that you can use to adjust for the next shot! Where the ball actually went, where it breaks, when it starts to roll, where it hit the pocket, and how it drives through the pins all give a wealth of information as to what you should be prepared to do next time.

Most likely, you are looking up at the pins when you release. Put a hat low on your head when you bowl. This forces you to keep your head up and focused on your target as you approach the line, and after you *roll* the ball it is harder to look at the pins.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

All 15#
Paradime - Storm
Fuze - Brunswick
Fired Up - Storm
Scout Reactive - Columbia
Stinger Low Flare - Ebonite
Blue Dot - Columbia

Spare no Opportunity to be your best!(c)

www.sparenoopportunity.com

"No man ever became great or good
except through many and great mistakes."
-- W.E. Gladstone

#45436 - 11/19/07 07:27 AM Re: My videos [Re: silvercoachinhouston]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
The very first video from the side view, I noticed that you slowed down your armswing at the bottom of your swing. I only noticed it on the first side shot. after that, your armswing seemed to flow better. I would watch that though if you do it more often. The armswing should be nice and fluid, like a fish swimming through water. You walk straight to your target and end up posted with your body facing the target. Feet also. I saw no problem there. I would work on playing different lines. Work on a stronger release for those times when you may need it. You really come around the ball. It makes for a very weak release, which is perfect for the line you are playing. If you A game is perfected, work on a B game. learn to keep your hand behind the ball more.

Your armswing looks the same for your strike shots and spare shots. You play the lanes straight. Your ball speed shouldn't be that much different, maybe a couple of miles per hour. And that doesn't look like a 23 miles per hour armswing. especially if you always come around the ball so much. However, if you stay behind the ball on your spare shot, that may add extra speed.

Accuracy comes with practice. You have to learn how to keep your eyes following your ball all the way down the lane. Your head shouldn't move during the whole process. I would like a closer shot from the back.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Arthritis?
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.