BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44303 - 10/21/07 05:33 PM how to read league standing sheets
tech.007 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 30/m/ca
hey! i just joined a league. Played my first games last thursday.
I want to figure out how they come up with the numbers on the standings sheet. I bowled 3 games that night with a series of 468. how come my average is 220? 220 also appears under the column ENT. Can someone help explain?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#44304 - 10/21/07 05:39 PM Re: how to read league standing sheets [Re: tech.007]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Welcome to the site, and to league bowling. There is plenty of knowledge and comradery (sp?) on this site so don't be afraid to ask any questions. As for your question, the ENT should stand for entering average. Your league rules might be if you have no previous average from that league, or a previous average from a league last season that you start with a 220 for so many game. I'm assuming this is a handicap league. It could just be the program they use for doing the standing sheets has that has its default and no one changed it when entering the information. Look at the actual standing sheets at league this Thursday and see what the average is. If its not a 156 which should be the average for a 468 series, find the league secretary and ask him/her about it.
HS:763

#44312 - 10/21/07 10:10 PM Re: how to read league standing sheets [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Must be a league rule or something. Usually in my league if you dont have a book average the first night of bowling your establish one. Though some leagues it will take 9-12 games to establish a average. So probally after the third week. But yeah talk to sectary about it he can provide you with all the info and even if you dont have one get a League Rule Sheet they usually hand out in league meeting before league start. Should explain everything from fees to rules and such.
BowlSk: Stats

#44323 - 10/21/07 10:55 PM Re: how to read league standing sheets [Re: Brandon510]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Assuming this is a handicap league, all startup bowlers will be rated at the top, or the cap that handicap is based on. The actual difference between your average and that top number will be your handicap. Often it is reduced by 10% or so, it just depends on your league rules. Your Secretary should be able to provide you with a copy, or at least allow you to read one.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#44330 - 10/21/07 11:48 PM Re: how to read league standing sheets [Re: Dennis Michael]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
The league uses an entering average of 220 for those that do not have an established book. If you are in a handicap league this is kind of odd, but if its the league rules then that's that.

Most of the handicap leagues I bowl in establish average the first night or first time you bowl (if you join late).

Ask your secretary to explain the situation to you. If you joined late then you missed the beginning league meeting.

Erin

#44331 - 10/21/07 11:50 PM Re: how to read league standing sheets [Re: Atochabsh]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
One reason why a handicap league would do such a thing is to avoid "ringers". Those that start off their season at lower averages and bring them up (whether purposely or not). This kind of system eliminates that.

However, it is then clear that this league is fairly competative and cut throat. They must have had problems in the past with this or else the rule would not exist today in the league.

Erin

#44334 - 10/22/07 01:22 AM Re: how to read league standing sheets [Re: Atochabsh]
tech.007 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 30/m/ca
Thanks for all the help explaining the league standing sheets. I joined up late and didnt know anything about how leagues are run.
I just hope to play well and have some fun.

#44344 - 10/22/07 08:27 AM Re: how to read league standing sheets [Re: tech.007]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
I only seen 220 as entering average in tournments if you dont have a average or book average. Never seen it in league in my area. Check the league rules probally like erin said they must of had problem in the past that why they have that rule.
BowlSk: Stats

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.