BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 17 of 23 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42897 - 03/07/07 09:56 PM Re: League Updates [Re: slimmy]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
Well my semi hot streak is over quickly. 200-171-219 for a 590 series, we lost 5 of 7 points. The middle game we had a 25 minute delay changing pin holders. By the time they were done my first shot went through the nose for a 4-9. Next shot was right as a result of the previous shot for a wash out. Just never got my flow back, the lanes have been better as far as break downs but tonight was just like old times. Oh well can't win them all.
Storm - Natural

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#42910 - 03/07/07 11:24 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Silent Mike]
Khaz Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: Dodge City Kansas
Wow what a frustrating night I had....
I was inconsistant in about every way you can be.
My ball speed flucuated about 1 mph either direction, I missed my mark terribly, and when I did throw a decent shot I left 10 pins lol.

212 169 179 - 560

those scores dont exactly help the team win!
I hope to avoid anotherr night like that for a while.

#42914 - 03/08/07 12:03 AM Re: League Updates [Re: Khaz]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Tonight, I went to pick up my new ball, Storm-Shift. It was on the counter at the Pro Shop, with the layout marked on it. Then another customer came in, then another, and soon, there were seven people waiting, while my gut was trying to finish me. People were asking questions, picking up balls. I finally told the proguy that I will come back tomorrow. He asked if it was OK. I said I wasn't going to use it tonight anyway. So, I will go again tomorrow.

Went straight to bowling, a little disappointed. Pulled my World Class out. It is the only ball I can use since my injury. And, Promptly started with 4 splits in the first 5 frames. I guess I really was disappointed about my new ball. Finished with 174. I was 30 pins under, and so was another teammate. Fortunately, the other team was worse.

Screwed my head back on for a 257 second game and finished with a 216, 647.

I got into a Brunswick contest tonight. 500 trips to Las Vegas go to the bowler who is most over average in the second game only. As luck would have it, that was my high game. The contest will last for another week. I was highest over average for the night. So, I qualify to bowl again in April against other Houses and their highest bowlers. Could be fun. I hope I get my new ball working by then.

Oh, we won 7 of 7. We are third, 6 out of first and 2 out of second.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#42939 - 03/08/07 09:39 AM Re: League Updates [Re: Dennis Michael]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
That would bum me out too Dennis,
anticipating using a new ball, and then to find out it was'nt ready....DANG.

Last night we finally took more points than we lost 5 of 7, and we all bowled pretty good as a team, but our anchor had to pull out of the last game when he pulled something in his wrist. Hope its not too serious. For me I had a so,so night with a 590( a big difference from the paltry 429 of last week), but better than that, I finally started using a slidestep. What a difference, my knee does not ache nearly as much today, and after practicing with it a half dozen games, I feel pretty comfortable with it. I don't know why I did'nt start sliding a long time ago...stubborn I guess. At first it felt weird and unstable, I always thought my foot would go out from under me. But I have come to tust that won't happen and I feel more stable than I have ever felt. Looking forward to using it again tonight.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#42944 - 03/08/07 10:21 AM Re: League Updates [Re: slimmy]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Last night, I had the most disappointing nights of the year. It isn't that I shot a bad series either. I shot 241, 262, 212 for a 715. How I got there is what was so disappointing. During practice, I was locked. First game, I start with the first 3, then left the 3-6-9-10. DOINK. Left the 9 pin. I forget what the other non-strike was but I shot 241 with 10 strikes. We lost the game by 100 to the first place team who were all over average by a lot. 2nd game, I start out with the first 3, then I left the 3-6-7-10. I get 3, then I have 7 in a row and an 8 count on the last ball for a 262. We win the game by 87. In total, we are down by 13 for series.

I had another brain cramp in the start of the 3rd game but was doing alright. 8th frame, strike. 9th frame, crash the rack and left a 9 pin, picked it up. It was down to me in the 10th. I needed all 3 strikes to take series by a pin. First shot was dead pocket, pins all over the place, solid 7 pin. I was [censored]. I picked it up. Series was out of the question now. I needed an 8 count to get the game. I pulled the ball slightly, never got to the dry, bucket. We lost the game by 1 pin, and the series by 14.

I don't know what upset me more, losing the game, losing the series, or knowing that all I had to do was get behind the ball with a little force and push it to 5 and I was going to carry all night long. I should have had at least a high 7 last night, if not 8. Very frustrating to have mental breakdowns like that when I am starting to gear up for a couple of tournys.

Just writing that upset me again.

Edited by General Pounder (03/08/07 10:21 AM)

#42946 - 03/08/07 10:45 AM Re: League Updates [Re: Tim Gerard]
kikn79 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: Rockford, IL
Ugh. I'm embarrassed to even post this update.

Started the night 1 game out of first place. (Thanks to my blown 10 pin in the first game last week) The first game went ok. 7 pin was giving me problems (strange, usually it's the 10 pin) Got it figured out and managed a 226. The second game I really started hanging corner pins. Ended right on average for a 214. Last game I completely fell apart. I couldn't pick up a spare, I left a split, couldn't buy a strike. Ended with a dismal 183 for a 623 series which is 20 pins under my average. I'll probably lose the pin I gained last week.

The only good thing is that we won all 4 points. But, so did first place so we are still chasing them. (Of course, as I mentioned earlier, we would be tied if I wasn't such a dunderhead.) Our third and fourth bowlers really came on strong at the end of the last game and saved it for us.

I just felt like my timing was off all night. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I was just lost. I've taped myself bowling 2 times this week and I thought I had everything nailed down. Perhaps, I was just trying too hard and I need to relax and let it flow? I don't know.

Chuck

#42954 - 03/08/07 12:34 PM Re: League Updates [Re: kikn79]
Richard Koppinger Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 43/M/NJ
We took 5 of 7 this week and last week. Unfortunately, the first place team swept both weeks, so we're down 15 points out of first. brickwall

Our opponents are in seventh place, but the league is pretty tight, so we only gave them something like 27 pins in handicap. We won the first game fairly easily but faltered in the second game. We only lost it by 7 pins. I was determined to strike out in the tenth, and was I ever sorry to see the Big 4 staring at me after the first ball. We recovered another close game in the third by a mere 8 pins.

I was at a 149 average going in, needing a 462 series to pull myself up to my goal of a 150 average. I got 178 in the first game, then only managed a 157 in the second. I pulled myself together for a season high 213 in the last game. Only a 4-10 split in the 8th kept the game from being clean, and I actually did strike out in the tenth that time. That gave me a 548 series that actually vaulted me into a 151 average. thumbsup

In a fit of overconfidence, I signed up for the PBA Experience League before I left that night.

#42955 - 03/08/07 12:38 PM Re: League Updates [Re: kikn79]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Chuck, betweeen your video tapes and league, did you at least practice what you saw? It is tough to go right to league with the thought of what to do. You have to practice and commit it to memory.

#42967 - 03/08/07 02:34 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Dennis Michael]
kikn79 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: Rockford, IL
Dennis,
I didn't think I needed a major overhaul in my delivery, so it was just some pointers that I needed to remember. I was just thinking too much about not doing anything wrong, and I forgot to do anything right. : ) Anyhoo, I'm going to practice this week if I can and try to work out the bugs...

Thanks,
Chuck

#42992 - 03/08/07 09:21 PM Re: League Updates [Re: kikn79]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Just wondering, because I am a fanatic about practice. If I notice a problem, as slight as it may be, I try to work it out in practice. My thought is that league night should be for adjustments only.
I bowled league last night, and will again on Friday. Tonght, I practiced something that my Coach and I worked on about 2 weeks ago. It requires a change in my approach and delivery, and I won't do it in league until I know what I am doing. It also involves a ball change that I am not totally comfortable with. It is still too new.
So, basically, I have been bowling two different ways. One in practice, and one in league. When I get both, then I will try both in league.

Page 17 of 23 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - 11/19/17 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - 11/19/17 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - 11/19/17 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.