BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42585 - 03/03/07 10:39 PM First of Many videos
Lantheren Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 24/M/CA
Hi Guys,

Finished editing a couple of videos and hosted them to You Tube. The first two are just the approach. I would like to get some comments on this before I upload the release and ball action videos/questions. So please comment on what you see. If the video is too small, let me know and I can increase the size. They are kinda dark, I didnt realize this because it was my first time playing around with uploading from the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G94LWvlqT3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey6LmGbido4

Thanks,
Adrian

Edit: Just uploaded, so the links may take a moment

Edited by Lantheren (03/03/07 10:39 PM)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#42588 - 03/03/07 11:26 PM Re: First of Many videos [Re: Lantheren]
Lantheren Offline
Bantam

Just checked the links. They look good. If you need to see better I recommend the full screen button.

#42589 - 03/03/07 11:49 PM Re: First of Many videos [Re: Lantheren]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
From what I could see, I spy the following. You need to work on your balance. That was the first thing that jumped out at me. You seem to jump when you reach the line. Your balance is a bit poor. You actually come off of the ground with your slide foot when you reach the line. You must be muscling the ball to create that kind of reaction. From what I could see, it also looked like you come around the ball too much. This creates little leverage at the point of release.

To fix the problems, I would keep your balance arm stretched out towards your side. Create a 90 degree angle with your follow through and your balance arm. Keeping your balance arm outstretched will keep you on balance.

To solve the muscling the ball that seems to occur at the bottom of the swing, stop trying to help the ball down the lane. Push the ball towards the target and let the ball swing. Let the ball reach whatever height the ball can reach in the backswing without your help. Let the ball swing forward on it's own, without you trying to help it along.

The release, I would prefer a shot very close to the line so we could get a close up of the release. It does seem like you turn your hand too early, creating little revs and little leverage.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#42590 - 03/04/07 12:18 AM Re: First of Many videos [Re: Smooth Stroker]
Lantheren Offline
Bantam

Thanks smooth,

I will see if I have a clip with a better close up at the line. That hop you see in the one side clip is not a common thing in my swing. I just chose that clip because it had a good angle for my arm swing. Do you think that my form is way off or am I at a refinement stage?

Will post a release vid if I have one, otherwise its back to the lanes for some more video.

Adrian

#42592 - 03/04/07 12:38 AM Re: First of Many videos [Re: Lantheren]
Lantheren Offline
Bantam

Okay, just uploaded a release video. I think smooth is right and I probably come around it too quick. The link is below, but it may take some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlCOVTdLwoE

Thanks Guys,
Adrian

#42601 - 03/04/07 07:21 AM Re: First of Many videos [Re: Lantheren]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I don't see anything on the last video and I need to see the whole approach from the set up to the foul line on the others. If you can make them biger and brighter I would do that as well.

#42611 - 03/04/07 01:12 PM Re: First of Many videos [Re: CoachJim]
Lantheren Offline
Bantam

Okay,

Here are two new videos. I tried to keep them slightly larger and tried to brighten it.

Release
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5dPTlnFo6w
not sure could be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOK8ObMNYlk

Approach to Foul Line
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGKerCn5Yas

Lets hope these videos actually get posted this time. The one above seemed to upload improperly.

Edited by Lantheren (03/04/07 01:30 PM)

#42614 - 03/04/07 01:33 PM Re: First of Many videos [Re: Lantheren]
Khaz Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: Dodge City Kansas
nothing there I hear the bowling but there is no video

#42634 - 03/04/07 06:04 PM Re: First of Many videos [Re: Khaz]
Lantheren Offline
Bantam

Okay, so you tube has had some problems with the vids I have been uploading. They work fine on my system but after I upload them they come out all black. I have just tried uploading two more with some changes in the way the video is set. If it works I will add the links. If not I will try again later.

#42641 - 03/04/07 08:15 PM Re: First of Many videos [Re: Lantheren]
Lantheren Offline
Bantam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by looseleftie - Yesterday at 05:02 PM
Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas
by goobee - 09/03/20 04:38 PM
Roto-Grip Rubicon Video Ball Review
by sk8shorty01 - 08/25/20 05:50 PM
Storm Parallax Video Review - sk8sbowlingreviews
by sk8shorty01 - 08/23/20 01:34 AM
Storm Axiom Video - sk8sbowlingreviews
by sk8shorty01 - 08/23/20 01:30 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.