BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42133 - 02/26/07 08:50 PM Toxic Hammer
Raydee Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: NY
Does anyone here use this ball? I am looking for some feedback on it.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#42152 - 02/26/07 11:07 PM Re: Toxic Hammer [Re: Raydee]
bigwavedave Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 33/M/Seattle
I have one. Its drilled 4 1/2 pin to PAP. Its pretty long and a little less twitchy than the Doom. . I used it over the weekend on some fried wood lanes and it was stilll a little aggressive, but was the weakest ball I had with me. I wish I would of had a pink hammer! Decnet ball not too flippy, but skids on oil big time.

#42166 - 02/27/07 07:05 AM Re: Toxic Hammer [Re: bigwavedave]
EternityEnds Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: Dearborn. mi
I agree with Dave. Definately not for use in heavy oil. Descent ball, nice recovery, good backend reaction. Just don't expect this thing to hook out of the building. I was actually surprised that this ball is as strong as it is in the midlane since it is mostly advertised for its alleged big back end.

Ebonite NVD
Ebonite Playmaker
Ebonite Raid
Ebonite Game Breaker
Ebonite Tornado
Storm Ice (spare)

#42168 - 02/27/07 07:34 AM Re: Toxic Hammer [Re: EternityEnds]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
My Teammate throws one. But doesnt use it when there a lot of oil. Usually uses it when the lanes break and down. It a lille too skiddy on oil.
BowlSk: Stats

#42169 - 02/27/07 07:57 AM Re: Toxic Hammer [Re: Brandon510]
Raydee Offline
Bracket Donor

That is exactly what I am looking for right now. The ball I am using now over hooks when the lanes get a little dryer so the Toxic might be a nice back up ball for me. I think i will give one a try.

#42170 - 02/27/07 08:13 AM Re: Toxic Hammer [Re: Raydee]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
The Toxic is supposed to be between the Doom and the Pain. A little more midlane than the Doom and a little less flippy. Less midlane than the Pain and a little more back end.

What ball are you using now?

#42235 - 02/27/07 08:55 PM Re: Toxic Hammer [Re: Lefty]
Raydee Offline
Bracket Donor

I aam using a Brunswick Absolute Inferno now that seems VERY flippy.

#42237 - 02/27/07 09:16 PM Re: Toxic Hammer [Re: Raydee]
Jdhaze Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 35/M/NH
IMHO if you want something under the Absolute, and stick with that line, the Doom would be a better choice. You can get it drilled to arc more on the back end rather than be skid/flip. My teamate has a Toxic and is very hard off the drys and a pretty strong ball over all on a THS. If you wanted something in the Inferno line, you could go with a Smokin or a Radical, they compliment the Absolute nicely.

good luck!

JD

#42238 - 02/27/07 09:48 PM Re: Toxic Hammer [Re: Jdhaze]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
The Toxic has been very popular despite its unusual coloring. I've seen a lot of different bowlers use this ball on a variety of conditions. It seems very versital and good for most (if not all) types of bowlers.

Erin

#42242 - 02/27/07 10:02 PM Re: Toxic Hammer [Re: Atochabsh]
Jdhaze Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 35/M/NH
Unusual coloring? Lime green with sliver streaks is unusual? wink I will say least its better looking than the Pain, too many purple balls out thier imho. How are Dooms and Pains selling out west? I dont see too many of them around here, but that is a solid line at a good price. You could build a nice arsenal with all three and a spare ball imho.

JD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 10/18/18 04:06 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.