BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 23 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42180 - 02/27/07 11:24 AM Re: League Updates [Re: General Pounder]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
GP, it's a waste of my time to talk with these guys. They don't care what the team does. It is just idle talk. I confronted them once, a few weeks ago, and all they did was look at each other, laugh and order another beer.

They don't belong in this league, and I don't belong on this team.

The satisfaction I am getting is that this is the top league in the House, and has the toughest shot in the area. I am holding a 202 and I feel great about that in my third year back. I'm in the top 10 and getting respect form the other 200+ bowlers. I actually have a lower average on the regular Wednesday House shot. It's the competition against other top bowlers that I thrive on.

I play a game with this team. When we bowl a team with 3, 200 bowlers, my objective is to be the top 2 on the pair. If I can do that, the handicap my team carries usually wins. And, that is the only reason this team is in the top 4. I bowl to the level of my competition. That's why I am here, to bowl against better bowlers and improve my game. My bad nights have come against weaker teams.
There are 4 chairs at the setee, I don't sit with them. I stay in the back and other better bowlers usually come over to talk. Some of them asking why I am with this team.

Look, I was a walk on in the second week of the year. I got plugged on a team that had an opening. We have had 9 bowlers on the team with others quiting. I ended up with this. When I make a commitment, I don't go back on it.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#42185 - 02/27/07 12:40 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Dennis Michael]
Brian Longo Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37/M/Jacksonville, NC
I know I would have a tough time on this team, especially if someone was bowling lousy and I was hitting around or better than average, and we lose and they tell me it was my fault. There wouldn't be enough ambient noise to drown out my "potty-mouth" towards these people. I probably would, literally, kick them off the team. I don't care whose team it was. There certainly would be problems and I'd probably be missing a pair of shoes (one up each guys rear-end). There's no excuse for it.

#42193 - 02/27/07 02:09 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Silent Mike]
Show300 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 33/M/Bellflower, CA
Originally Posted By: Silent Mike
Show, sounds like your friend knows how to push your buttons to fire you up. I'm glad to see you didn't bowl like a b****,lol nice series!

Mike, he is very skilled at it. Again, it's funny how he doesn't bowl himself, doesn't even have a desire to, but knows my game so well and can tell me what I'm doing wrong. He is the most unapologetic, critcal eyes that I have. He never sugar coats anything with me when it comes to my bowling. But when he said, 'Don't you have something in there for swirly?', I almost died laughing.

Anyway, last night I sub for my friend in his Monday night league again. I don't think he really likes the league (it's trios), because he and his ex joined the league together, but broke up late last year and he's still not trying to see her much...bowling and love DO NOT go together...but I digress.

Anyway, I shoot 255-218-247/720...good series, although his teammates didn't help any and we still lost 2 of 3. Ironically, the game we won was the game I shot the lowest in.

Well, tonight we bowl the second place team...already up by 13 games, so a chance to put 3 more games between us.

Edited by Show300 (02/27/07 02:10 PM)
And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and possess unlimited knowledge, and have faith which could remove mountains; and have not charity, I am nothing - 1 Corinthians 13:2

#42194 - 02/27/07 02:14 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Brian Longo]
Show300 Offline
High Roller

Originally Posted By: Brian Longo
I know I would have a tough time on this team, especially if someone was bowling lousy and I was hitting around or better than average, and we lose and they tell me it was my fault. There wouldn't be enough ambient noise to drown out my "potty-mouth" towards these people. I probably would, literally, kick them off the team. I don't care whose team it was. There certainly would be problems and I'd probably be missing a pair of shoes (one up each guys rear-end). There's no excuse for it.

Reminder to self...bring my 'A' game if I ever bowl with Brian Longo...LOL.

But I feel you, you don't have to love the game like I do, but at least put forth the effort for three hours every week. I can't stand bowling with people who make the bowling center and league and 'social event'. It's cool to have fun and mingle, etc...but can you focus for 5 seconds when you get on the approach to throw your ball? That's all I ask.

And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and possess unlimited knowledge, and have faith which could remove mountains; and have not charity, I am nothing - 1 Corinthians 13:2

#42197 - 02/27/07 03:19 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Show300]
Brian Longo Offline
Legend

Ain't nothin' about bringing an "A game" with me, but if someone wants to point the finger at me or call me out for losing, they better make darn sure I can't scan the scoring monitor and see any opens. I have gotten pretty upset at a couple of people who fussed at me for not coming through in the 10th and when I look back on their game, it usually doesn't take long to go from the 10th frame to an open.

I don't have a problem with most of the people I bowl with. Nobody's dumb enough to tell me that I was the reason we lost because most of the time, I was around my average. Can't argue with that a whole lot. Besides, I'm my own worst critic, and I do apologize if it was, indeed, my fault for losing.

I don't know if you can I could bowl together, though, Show. I think we'd have more intensity between the both of us than your average league put together. It might be illegal. smile

#42198 - 02/27/07 03:45 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Brian Longo]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Sounds like we can make the all angry team. Between myself, Brian, and Show. I actually think it may be a little fun. We can invite Dennis if we don't drink while we bowl :-)

#42199 - 02/27/07 04:23 PM Re: League Updates [Re: General Pounder]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
OK, let's all meet in Bellflower, Ca, next Monday night. I'll bring the Kool Aide.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#42202 - 02/27/07 05:03 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Dennis Michael]
Show300 Offline
High Roller

You guys are hilarious...and I would welcome you all to join me if I thought we could all fit.

I feel you about getting called out, Brian. I told the story about the 'drama queen' calling me out when I didn't get a strike that we needed to win a game a couple weeks back. I just looked at her, looked at the board and said, 'So I guess that big 103 (or whatever is was) just put us over the top.'

I walked off and everybody was cracking up...I hate to be called out. I too, am my own worst critic and I'll usually excuse myself on the perchance that I'm bowling bad, but don't call me out unless you're carrying your own weight.

Kool-Aid...just bring a Powerade for me, the blue one.

#42206 - 02/27/07 05:20 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Show300]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I would love to get to California. If my company sells buildings faster than we anticipate, I may actually get to do a little travel outside of Chicago. I can see my first day in a building that we are selling. Walk in from the airport. In one hand my carry-on luggage, my backpack on with my laptop in it, and a 2 ball bowling bag over my shoulder. The people I work with would crack up.

BTW, drink something a little harder than Powerade when I bowl. Kool aide is fine if there is vodka in it. Otherwise, beer is the choice. Just not 7 pitchers worth.

#42207 - 02/27/07 05:23 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Show300]
Brian Longo Offline
Legend

Actually, I don't drink and bowl. Where I live, there's no alcohol served in any bowling center I bowl at. I usually drink coffee (and a lot of it). When I move back home to North Carolina, every bowling center serves alcohol, but I won't drink. I've been bowling this long without drinking while doing it, I'm used to it by now. I'll have a few afterwards, though. wink Cheers!

I think we 4 would make a formidable team, though right now, I'd be low man on the totem pole (but climbing). Actually, for tournaments, I like to surround myself with higher average/competitive bowlers as much as possible. A healthy competition between 4 or 5 bowlers actually does help, and, to a degree, takes a little heat off of a slipping bowler because the others can hold the fort while the other one finds a spot.

As an aside, I hope my teammate brings the video from last week tonight so I can analyze it and post it. I know of a few things I need to work on. I'm sure I'll see a few more through that "objective eye". I hope to make the quick ascension to a 200+ that Show made as a lefty. smile

Page 11 of 23 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - 10:58 PM
Hammer "Black Widow Urethane"
by nord - 12:35 AM
Honor scores 2017-18
by wronghander - 11/21/17 11:58 PM
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - 11/19/17 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - 11/19/17 10:04 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 12:09 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.