BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 23 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42110 - 02/26/07 05:12 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Brandon510]
Davetbh Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 25/M/Granby, MA
Thanks, I need to update my profile though.

Since I joined this site I've bowled a 792 series. Which was about a month ago.

Those were my first two 700 series. I am very proud of that fact. I guess once you do it once, it gets easier the 2nd time.

And I've raised my 190 average to 201. I've been on fire this year.

BOWL.COM

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#42128 - 02/26/07 07:10 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Davetbh]
Show300 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 33/M/Bellflower, CA
OK, so last night I'm driving to the center and I start getting 'in the zone'. I'm picturing shots, I see pins flying, crazy...it was almost surreal. Lately, I've been practicing not only on the lanes, but in my mind also.

So I get into the center and grab a league sheet, and despite all the early season hiccups, we are in 7th place...out of first by about 7 games...it's that close. I was on fire in the early season, averaging a 218 after the first 6 weeks or so, then somewhat tailing off as the rest of my team struggled. But I'd been getting my consistency and confidence back, plus I got a 'pep talk' from my buddy (I used to play basketball with him) after I bowled on Wednesday. He's an old friend of mine. He is always brutally honest, doesn't bowl, but knows my game and comes to see me bowl pretty often.

Friend: 'You know you are throwing the ball real passive, you look like a b****. Are you scared?'

Me: 'No, its not me, it's the lanes."

Friend: 'I know you throw the ball better than that...stop trying to be so perfect. Throw the f****** ball, if it doesn't come back, make an adjustment. I hate watching you baby the ball down the lane then come back looking stupid like you expected anything different than what you got.'

Me: *silence* then 'It's the lanes, the oil is spotty and swirly.'

Friend: 'That's a b***s*** excuse...I'm not going to help you pay to go to a regional or the Rhodman or whatever to have you embarrass me, because you're scared to throw the ball like you're supposed to. What the h*** is all that equipment for if you don't use it. You've got balls for dry, oily, medium...don't you have something in there for swirly. All that reading Bowling Execution and Focused for Bowling...maybe you should just stick to playing xbox.'

Me: *more silence* then, 'You're right'

Anyway, I was so upset with myself that I went and practiced Thursday, Friday and Saturday (about 9-12 games each day) and worked on nothing but timing, free armswing and trusting my ball. I threw every ball I had in my bag, changing balls often, making moves on the lanes, not trying to get into a 'comfort zone'. I practiced in three different houses, all with pretty tough 'house' shots. I practiced after the open play where the oil was all burned up and swirled around by open play and in the morning when there was fresh or overoil lanes.

Well, Sunday, the lanes were again spotty/swirly. And wouldn't you know it, we're bowling the first place team. My anchor man made a point to let me know that we have been winning and that we could make some major noise just 7 games out by taking 4 from the 1st place team.

How's this sound for a series...256-269-217/742. My low count was an eight (4-7 combo) I got in the 1st frame of the third game. Strikes and single pins. And no open frames. Clean series. If not for alternating strikes and spares for about 6 frames in the last game, I might have gone 800. I made the adjustment, just couldn't get the proper carry.

Anyway, we took 4 and might move up about 2 spots depending on what the other teams in front of us did...but we knocked the first place team down a notch or two.

Edited by Show300 (02/26/07 07:15 PM)
And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and possess unlimited knowledge, and have faith which could remove mountains; and have not charity, I am nothing - 1 Corinthians 13:2

#42131 - 02/26/07 08:45 PM Re: League Updates [Re: Scott Gannon]
T Reed Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 25/M/Indiana
Well here I go with my first league update. I bowl on Sunday Nite(Mixed) and Tuesday Nite(Men's).

Sunday I'm pretty pumped coming off my first two 600's both bowled the week before. Well I don't quite hit what I was hoping for, but I bowled decent and our team did good.

First Game I shoot a 189 and our team wins by 60.
Second Game I shoot 192 and we win by 50.
Last Game I struggle for a 156 but change my line around the 7th frame and come up with two key strikes to win the game by 8 pins.
Total of 537, over my average but disappointing.

Great night for our team though as we win 8 points and move into a tie for 3rd and 1 point out of second.

I'll update after Tuesday's league.

Travis
HS:693

In the Bag:
Hammer Black Widow 15 lbs
Columbia 300 Action Packed 14 lbs
Ebonite Matrix Conquest 16lbs
Storm Spare Ball "Football" 15 lbs

#42143 - 02/26/07 10:13 PM Re: League Updates [Re: T Reed]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
Show, sounds like your friend knows how to push your buttons to fire you up. I'm glad to see you didn't bowl like a b****,lol nice series!

I love reading all the updates, it gets me ready for my leagues tomorrow and Weds. Even if I do not bowl the way I envision I'm going in with the right mind frame and that's important, attitude is everything.
Storm - Natural

#42144 - 02/26/07 10:14 PM Re: League Updates [Re: T Reed]
mkee19 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/MD
I just got back from subbing tonight in one of our Monday Night sanctioned leagues. I feel like my timing is getting back together consistantly b/c for the past few weeks my scores have been in the mid to high 600's. Tonight I crushed my hight set by bowling 265, 235, 256 having only two open frames, one being a chop, the other a split. My 756 set tonight wiped away my previous 718 by a mile.

Edited by mkee19 (02/26/07 10:15 PM)

#42146 - 02/26/07 10:25 PM Re: League Updates [Re: mkee19]
kikn79 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: Rockford, IL
Show and Mike,

You guys really know how to burn up the lanes!! Nice job to both of you.
My league is on Wednesday nights. We are tied for first place after dropping 5 of the last 8. The team we are tied with has my "nemesis" on it. When we bowl each other, it is very intense. I like to start by stringing a few strikes together, which makes him put a lot of pressure on himself. It's always fun, but more fun when we win, of course....

#42160 - 02/26/07 11:55 PM Re: League Updates [Re: kikn79]
Dennis Michael Online   jestera
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Just got back from Monday Night bowling. We are in the middle of the pack. But, have the 3rd highest team points YTD. Our playoff takes the top team of each third, and the team with the highest team points. Right now, that would be us. We have to stay there.

Well, my drinking buddies on this team don't really help. I started the first game with 7 strikes. All they could say is, "keep holding us up while we fuel up". The Captain tells them that we have to bowl well since we are really close to the playoff spot. They say, Den will hold us up there. I opened in the 10th, missed a 10 pin for 246. Each of them shot 10 pins under their average. I opened in the tenth again in the second game, missed a 10 pin for 236. Each of them was 10 pins under again. But, we won both games. In the third, the oil finally was giving me trouble, but I struck out for 221. Again they were under average and blamed me for not holding the team up. Their logic was that each of my games went down. We lost the last game by 8 pins, and each of them were again under average. But, over average in pitchers of beer. 7 pitchers tonight between 2 guys.

So, 703 tonight, but I lost the last game. I really can't wait for this season to end.
They each shot about 420 apiece. 3 of us are trying. 2 are drinking.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#42167 - 02/27/07 07:31 AM Re: League Updates [Re: Dennis Michael]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Dennis,
Nice Series! Wow. your two other team mates seem to like blame everyone else for not holding them up while they get wasted. Man i dont how you stand it.
BowlSk: Stats

#42177 - 02/27/07 10:08 AM Re: League Updates [Re: Dennis Michael]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
Again they were under average and blamed me for not holding the team up. Their logic was that each of my games went down.

You are way too nice. I would lay into them about it. There are some things that I can take, others I can't. That is one thing I can't take. If I am the top person on the team, bowl bad, and we lose, blame me. I actually normally say: "That was my fault." But, if I am over average, your under, we lose, and you blame me, then we have an issue.

#42179 - 02/27/07 10:36 AM Re: League Updates [Re: General Pounder]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
For almost the whole second half of the season we are running into a buzzsaw. It seems every week we run into a guy or two that bowl "The best I have ever bowled". We seem to bring out the best in eveybody. Guys with a 160 avg. bowling 750 plus, one guy last week had a 152 avg. and bowled a couple of games in the 230's. Its hard to overcome when we give a bunch of pins to begin with. It does not help either when we are all just hitting avg. I have faith though that we will come on strong in these last weeks and improve our position. After all, the other teams can't continue getting well against every week now......can they?

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

Page 10 of 23 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/14/18 12:15 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.