BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42040 - 02/25/07 02:06 PM Re: League team member courtesy question [Re: lysaer]
MADDOG` Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Oregon
lysaer,

Looks like you have a handle on this. You have support of the rest of the team, no prize money issues and it appears "Right" is on your side.

My only comment is your e-mail to your teammate may contain TMI, Too Much Information. I know it's hard not to describe everything that came up, however, my suggestion is to keep it simple, eliminate where you can the emotion and communicate at a high level. I know Nikki was upset and so were you. I know that he was being derogatory to a teammate. I know you also had something to apologize for and, through your actions, did the right thing which demonstrated to your teammate that there is courtesy required on the lanes, providing he was paying attention. wink

My advice is to simply state the facts, briefly, and ask your teammate to act accordingly, showing the same courtesy to others.

While I don't like ultimatums, sometimes they can be effective. I'd close your communication with a statement letting him know that if an improvement is not made, he will be dropped.

Yep, that's a bit harsh but if that is what it will take, so be it.

Good luck!

In The Bag:
Storm XTreme
Columbia 300 Messenger Titanium
Columbia 300 ActionMax

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#42045 - 02/25/07 04:51 PM Re: League team member courtesy question [Re: MADDOG`]
Brian Longo Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37/M/Jacksonville, NC
Originally Posted By: MADDOG`
Yep, that's a bit harsh but if that is what it will take, so be it.

Sometimes the most desired results come from some pretty ugly ways of getting there. It's not about being "PC" about or "sugarcoating" the issue, it's about truth and honesty, and as the old saying goes, sometimes the truth hurts. It's not your problem if someone can't deal with reality. In the end, you have to be able to live with yourself.

#42059 - 02/25/07 09:21 PM Re: League team member courtesy question [Re: Brian Longo]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
If it were me personally, I'd talk to them in person. I know I'd be pretty annoyed if someone had an issue with me and wasn't able to talk to me face-to-face.

And you don't have to be confrontational about it either. Approach it from the standpoint of you being concerned. "Hey, I was wondering, do you not like bowling on <whatver night>? Well because you seem to get in a bad mood a lot and you kind of take it out on us."

And take it from there.

IMO an email is much more likely to have a negative result.

#42063 - 02/25/07 10:24 PM Re: League team member courtesy question [Re: Lefty]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I agree with the people here. E-mail is not the way to go. Face to face works the best. A few years ago, I had a teammate who got a DUI going home from bowling. He told the rest of us that he was not going to be bowling for th rest of the year due to losing his license via e-mail. When responded back the same way, he got upset and never spoke with us again (he was a weird guy anyway). Long story short, it you have something to say to your teammate, do it in person. I prefer if someone has an issue with me if they say it to my face. E-mail is a little impersonal.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - Yesterday at 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.