BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41494 - 02/20/07 12:44 AM First videos
slimmy Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/M/FL
I finally got to use my mini-DV camera that I got for Christmas, together with a nice tripod.

I have never been able to see myself bowl, but clearly I can see a lot of things wrong with my form, but I'd like some more qualified opinions.

So have at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8L4altqkKI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH9B4rzo7HY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrN7wxGvrg

AVG: 193

Season Goals
HG: 250
HS: 700
AVG: 185

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#41499 - 02/20/07 05:48 AM Re: First videos [Re: slimmy]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Your swing is too far from your body at the release point, the ball should be closer to your slide foot when it comes off your hand.

Second your upper body posture is bent too far to your right, if you straighten your upper body a little more, you might close the gap between your slide foot and your release.

Third your upper body is not square to your target, you are pointed toward the lane to the right when the ball comes off your hand which is making you round your swing around your body which also contributes to the ball being away from your slide foot.

Fourth you need to walk and slide more toward your intended target line, this will keep you from falling off balance.

Last but not least, relax your swing and try not to pull it through, learn to wait on the ball and not pull or help the swing.

#41511 - 02/20/07 08:09 AM Re: First videos [Re: CoachJim]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
I agree with what CoachJim said. You've got good things going for you.. you get the ball on the lane well and your footwork seems pretty natural.

But getting everything pointed in the direction of your target, getting your armswing closer to your body and getting your shoulders a litte more over your center of gravity would help a lot.

#41541 - 02/20/07 01:38 PM Re: First videos [Re: Lefty]
slimmy Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/M/FL
Thanks for the suggestions. The first thing I noticed as well was how far I lean over to the right, I really had no idea I did that.

I actually added a 5th step on Sunday and I believe it helped me slow down my approach and in turn helped my ball speed slow almost 1 mph on average. Not to mention I'm not ending up over a foot short of the foul line anymore.

Standing up straighter is definitely something that I need to work on and I have tried to do that before. The reason I tend to swing my arm so far away from my body is because I used to have a tendency to hit my leg on the backswing or swing it in and out away from my body and end up pulling it across my body to the left.

I've also tried to turn my hand outward to attempt to stay behind the ball longer, and I think that I may be confusing a hand-turn with my armswing and subsequently making my swing inside-out.

I might be going to bowl a few tonight so I'll try and work on some things and see if I can't bring the camera along again.

smile

Edited by slimmy (02/20/07 01:59 PM)
AVG: 193

Season Goals
HG: 250
HS: 700
AVG: 185

#41599 - 02/20/07 11:04 PM Re: First videos [Re: slimmy]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
You should try to find a good coach and take some lessons to help develop a good armswing. A few $ now could save you many headaches later.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 04:35 PM
End of Days
by explorer05 - Yesterday at 12:19 PM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by Richie V. - 07/10/18 12:19 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 07/09/18 07:13 AM
I'll try again
by Dennis Michael - 07/06/18 12:32 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 07/06/18 08:44 AM
Bowling ball colors
by BOSStull - 07/04/18 10:28 AM
Tiered Tape...
by BOSStull - 06/30/18 11:33 AM
no one on for 5 days
by steveA - 06/22/18 04:31 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.