BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39312 - 01/22/07 04:56 PM Found this on YouTube
D Money Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: CA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPh5HZlsOmk

Very interesting delivery. Interested in hearing what you guys think about this, especially Erin in regards to the backswing and release.

Again, this is not me.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#39322 - 01/22/07 07:14 PM Re: Found this on YouTube [Re: D Money]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Its a common scene now to have a backswing like that. Especially in young men. There's no way you can get it that high without pulling up on the ball and introducing muscle, especially seeing his lack of pushaway. He's a young kid, you can see that. He probably won't be bowling like that in 15 to 20 years from now. He'll have to tone it down. But he's got a lot going for him. His swing looks straight, he's got good balance at the line and a strong follow through. Good accellaration through the release. Somehow he turns the muscle off somewhere before the release stage because you can see the free swing of his arm after the ball is released. I'd like to see him get a better knee bend as he has practically none and stay down at the line. And at his age, his knees are flexible enough to do so.

Erin

Erin

#39327 - 01/22/07 07:48 PM Re: Found this on YouTube [Re: Atochabsh]
Brian Longo Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37/M/Jacksonville, NC
His style is similar to Jason Couch. And as long as he's accurate and consistent, that's what counts. I certainly wouldn't advocate this, but if it works for him, I wouldn't change anything.

#39334 - 01/22/07 09:59 PM Re: Found this on YouTube [Re: Brian Longo]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
Quote:

Somehow he turns the muscle off somewhere before the release stage because you can see the free swing of his arm after the ball is released.

He seems pretty fluid once the ball starts its decent. He's also got pretty good footwork and really good balance. I think a better pushaway that would generate more of a natural backswing would do him a lot of good. It's really really hard to repeat something like that when 90% of his backswing is muscle.

But overall I think he looks like he's got a lot going for him.

#39484 - 01/24/07 07:37 PM Re: Found this on YouTube [Re: Lefty]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
Like Erin said, this is the modern release. It reminds me of Michael Fagan a bit. Fagan has a better pushaway though. I see many bowlers who bowl similar to this guy. All of them young. If you can bowl like this and do it accurately, then you might as well do it now while you still can. At some point, the joints won't allow you to swing the ball that high in your backswing. Even PDW had to lower his backswing a smidge. I agree that he would do well to develop some kind of pushaway but once the ball has reached its apex, then it doesn't matter as much. As long as he doesn't help the ball down he should be okay. If he helps the ball down, then it's harder to have the same ball speed and repeat shots.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.