BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37890 - 01/05/07 11:10 PM Shot my best series ever tonight...
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
Tues was a subpar night for me and Weds made that look like I did something as I rolled a lousy 555 series(worst of the Winter across 3 leagues). I got some good practice in Thurs. night despite my ailing wrist and made a move to the Paradigm and Big One. I also went back to plastic for 10 pins/splits, things that made my game what it was when I was doing well.

Tonight I just felt like my old self. Pre league practice was crisp and I found my line. The first game I struggled to carry but manage a clean game and a 226. The next game I started with a 4 pin conversion then went off the sheet for a 290 (first in league play) and then started with the front 4 before leaving a 7 pin. I struck into the 10th, on the 2nd shot I left another stone 7 pin and cleaned that up for a 268. I finsihed with a 784 series which set my all time high series in league play/practice. It was also my first 700 of the Winter which is LONG over due. All 3 games were clean and my first ball pin percentage was 9.8. I think there was 27 strikes and 7 spares for the night?

This was exactly what I was looking for tonight. Thurs. night practice opened my eyes to things I was doing wrong mostly foot speed and remembering to stay behind the ball and apply a lot of leverage. My old shot came back, I was in the pocket all night and in the end I added a 2nd honor score for the Winter season. The average is getting back up there with a 211, got to love nights like these! Talk about an up and down week lol
Storm - Natural

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#37893 - 01/05/07 11:41 PM Re: Shot my best series ever tonight... [Re: Silent Mike]
MADDOG` Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Oregon
Congrats on the good bowling, Mike. Sounds like you are getting in the groove there.

Last night was position round for the quarter in our Thursday night winter league. My average is 198 in that league but bowled out games of 248, 239 and 267 for a 754 scratch series. And the rest of our team bowled above their averages as well. We were able to bump the second place team back and we took over the spot. It was a beautiful thing to behold.

Again, congrats on the good bowling and keep up the good work!

Michael

Edited by MADDOG` (01/05/07 11:42 PM)
Edit Reason: stoopid typos...my bad!

In The Bag:
Storm XTreme
Columbia 300 Messenger Titanium
Columbia 300 ActionMax

#37895 - 01/05/07 11:51 PM Re: Shot my best series ever tonight... [Re: Silent Mike]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
Nice shooting. I've been pretty up and down lately and it certianly feels good when everything works. High scores tend to come in clumps too, so milk it for all it's worth. smile

#37898 - 01/06/07 12:36 AM Re: Shot my best series ever tonight... [Re: Lefty]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Nice bowling Mike. I've been up lately. But, the last 2 1/2 weeks haven't bowled.
I don't know what to expect with this layoff. Wednesday is an important match. I will have to practice before that. Really hesitent with my hip. But, if the Doc says it's OK, it's OK.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#37900 - 01/06/07 12:51 AM Re: Shot my best series ever tonight... [Re: Dennis Michael]
SportBowler Joe Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 63/M/SoCal-RH
Great bowling, that's pretty close to 800 .... impressive.
House 800's (15)

#37901 - 01/06/07 01:30 AM Re: Shot my best series ever tonight... [Re: SportBowler Joe]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
Dennis don't rush it. I thought I took enough time off, went for testing, followed Dr.'s order and was on light duty, had therapy and even then I still deal with pain in my throwing wrist. Do not rush coming back, you might bowl now but it can cost you weeks into months later. Once you're pain free, I'd take it slow from there.

I'm trying to get myself right for States in a few months, I'm hoping to be pain free by then. In stead of having pain a few days later it's hours now and it's mostly gone. The wrist feels pretty good considering, now I get rest until Tues.
Storm - Natural

#37924 - 01/06/07 10:54 AM Re: Shot my best series ever tonight... [Re: Silent Mike]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Congrats Mike. Nice Series almost a 800 there too. Yeah you were deffiently On that night. I love nights like that when you cant miss.
BowlSk: Stats

#37926 - 01/06/07 11:07 AM Re: Shot my best series ever tonight... [Re: Brandon510]
Rollin' Cowboy Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 39/M/Atlanta
Good shootin' Mike. It's always a tremendous boost to the mental health of scoring well after a comeback from an injury. A night like that makes a person feel as if they are invincible. I miss those kind of nights. LOL.

Cal Russell

It takes balls to play this game.

#37934 - 01/06/07 02:08 PM Re: Shot my best series ever tonight... [Re: Rollin' Cowboy]
Lefont Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 35/M/Atlanta
Congratulations Mike. Very nice series indeed. It's a nice feeling when things are resulting in the way you intended. Keep up the good work.

MoRich Awesome Hook - 14#
MoRich Total Shock & Awe - 14#
Brunswick Ultra Zone - 14#
MoRich Sahara - 14#

#37951 - 01/06/07 06:09 PM Re: Shot my best series ever tonight... [Re: Lefont]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Great shooting!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by 6_ball_man - 12/08/18 10:50 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.