BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36399 - 12/08/06 11:27 AM Recommend A New Ball Upgrade
cday2007 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: Ontario, Canada
Hey Guys,

I currently have a Columbia 300 Messenger TI, great ball but shes dying and I think its time for something new. The bowling alley im at the lanes are normally heavy or medium in oil. I have moderate ball speed and moderate ball rotation. I was looking at the Storm Double Agent its priced 240 at my Pro Shop remember this is Canada. My average is currently 180 and I was wondering if this is a good ball for me or if you have another to recommend?

Thanks In Advance
15 Pound Storm Double Agent

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#36400 - 12/08/06 12:31 PM Re: Recommend A New Ball Upgrade [Re: cday2007]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
If you have moderate ball speed the double Agent may have too much cover. The Agent, however, has a polished cover and might be better suited. I have seen several people of various styles throw the Agent (not the double Agent) and all have done well with that ball. Of course this also depends on where you play the lane in your house. If you play off the gutter, then I'd definately go with the Agent. The dull cover on the Double Agent may burn up travelling that far to the pocket. Also if you like to swing the ball a lot, the same may hold true, and the Agent a better choice.

Erin

#37035 - 12/20/06 01:19 PM Re: Recommend A New Ball Upgrade [Re: Atochabsh]
cday2007 Offline
Bantam

Alright so my girlfriend ended up buying me the Double Agent dont know how its going to work out but we will give it a try because my Messenger TI is def dead. I tend to play more middle stand center and hit around 2nd arrow with my Messenger TI sometimes it comes in and sometimes it just skids so im hoping the Double Agent will give me that hook right in there. Im looking at these drilling options and im totally lost can someone make sense of this for me and maybe a recommendation?? I throw Med-High Ball speed, Med Revs

#37036 - 12/20/06 02:00 PM Re: Recommend A New Ball Upgrade [Re: cday2007]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I would think your Pro Shop that sold you the ball can help you out with the correct drilling for you. Let him/her see you bowl, what your style/speed is. A good reputable Pro Shop will be able to tell how to drill the ball after watching you bowl even a few frames.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#37056 - 12/20/06 10:16 PM Re: Recommend A New Ball Upgrade [Re: Tim Gerard]
cday2007 Offline
Bantam

See thats the problem lol I dont trust my Pro Shop there was one guy there who I really liked but he left I think im gonna take the ball to get drilled at another place. Im in Canada so they dont take bowling as serious as the US here I wish they did so are Pro Shops are kind of mickey mouse lol

Ummm Anyone in the Greater Toronto Area know of a good Pro Shop please let me know?

#37184 - 12/23/06 07:11 PM Re: Recommend A New Ball Upgrade [Re: cday2007]
Black Jack Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 16/Male/Britland
Good pro shops are hard to find, a good Pro Shop runner person man... operator, will look at your game taking into account axis rotation and the such, s/he will also take a lot of measurements to do with your thumb and fingers and will probably ask you about how flexible your fingers and thumb are. (trust me, that's one thing you've gotta have right, I spent 2 years bowling with a perfect fit which wasn't pitched right, felt like it was going to come straight off my thumb every time I bowled)

"The main element of my technique is power, power and luck... lots of luck"-- me

"For Christs sake, bowling is easy just knock all the pins down!"-- me coaching

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - 0 seconds ago
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.