BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36271 - 12/06/06 03:53 PM Re: Bowling Gods are against me [Re: Lefty]
Show300 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 33/M/Bellflower, CA
Stuff like that happens to everyone, Dennis...you just deal with it and move on.

Right before I took my hiatus last year, I was bowling in a house that pays out $300 for a 300 game. It's not an easy house, so it's not like they're losing money. Anyway, after about 20 weeks of just being average (I think the highest average of any person in any league in the house was 207), I had a night of nights. I was averaging about 200 in there.

This particular night I couldn't miss...237, 255, and then the front 10 when my ball decides it's not going to come back. It got stuck halfway down on the way back. The lane guy goes out to get and lays his body halfway across the lane on the left side of the right lane (where I was finishing) and proceeds to dislodge the balls. This is right in the area of the oil ending and my breakpoint. The anchor on the other team was finished, so he could have stepped on his side to do this, but chose not to.

Needless to say, my shot in the 11th didn't have a chance. It checked up on me about 3 ft earlier and went through the nose leaving me the big 4. Not a good night...but it happens.

You just have to let it go and come back the next time...
And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and possess unlimited knowledge, and have faith which could remove mountains; and have not charity, I am nothing - 1 Corinthians 13:2

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#36274 - 12/06/06 06:04 PM Re: Bowling Gods are against me [Re: Show300]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Show300, I'm playing with 300. This year 289, 288, and 2-279's. Four times I have been 1 ball off. It's just a matter of time and focus. This one was particularly frustrating because it was not me, but the lanes.

Well, it's off again tonight. Maybe this will be the night.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by 6_ball_man - 12/08/18 10:50 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.