BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39850 - 01/30/07 01:23 PM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: SoCal Jeff]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Thanks SoCal,
I will give that a try. I asked the Level 1 instructor after the class on Saturday about the availability of Bronze classes in the area, and he basically said " GOOD LUCK". I believe he said he had to travel to Ohio, Which would'nt be too bad for me. None are scheduled as of yet though.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#39852 - 01/30/07 01:54 PM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Tim Gerard]
SoCal Jeff Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: Orange County, CA
Eraser,

How did you find the course? I know Level I is supposed to be pretty basic stuff - was there anything that you learned that you can apply to you bowling team?

#39859 - 01/30/07 02:59 PM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: SoCal Jeff]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

I went on the USBC site, www.bowl.com, and clicked on the coaching tab. Type in your zip, and they will show any classes in your area within how many miles you are willing to drive. Yes its pretty basic stuff, but there is some things I picked up and can apply to my situation. It gave me a little clearer way to present the message I was trying to get accross to the kids. In other words, same message, a little different presentation. Its worth the $60.00, and its a pre requisite to any other levels you would want to take. It also gives you a little credibility.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#41618 - 02/21/07 07:31 AM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Tim Gerard]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

Well the season is winding down, with only a regional tourney and singles tourny left to go. It was quite an experience indeed. Although we did not do too well, I think the kids improved quite a bit, and had some fun along the way. Most of these kids never bowled before, so the challenge to make it enjoyable and also get better at the same time was a bit difficult at times. They would get frustrated when things did'nt go well, but the joy on their faces when they would finally see some success after working so hard was just great. I had a couple of parents come to me after practice yesterday and thank me for coaching their kids....that just made my day. I never expected to get this much out it, although difficult at times, it was also very rewarding too. I have not heard from the schools Athletic Director as far as doing this again next year, but if I am asked back I'm more than willing.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#41641 - 02/21/07 11:09 AM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Tim Gerard]
SoCal Jeff Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: Orange County, CA
Good job keeping it fun for the the kids Eraser and thanks for keeping us posted.

#41688 - 02/21/07 06:37 PM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: SoCal Jeff]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Good job Eraser. I remember your apprehension at first. It's great to have a rewarding experience like that. Parents appreciate your time and effort.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 05/17/19 09:17 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/13/19 02:12 AM
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by dalion - 04/29/19 11:19 AM
Help with spare shooting
by Dennis Michael - 04/22/19 07:27 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.