BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38237 - 01/09/07 10:51 AM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Brandon510]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Dounds like things are progressing. I sympathize with you and the equipment issues. I run into this same thing with kids and band. Hopefully Brandon's offer will work out. We, unfortunately, do not have any used light weight equipment. Maybe if you put an add in a Penny Saver type neighborhood paper you would get some responses. Or ask the proprietor of your center if you can put some signs up soliciting light weight balls for the Jr program.

Erin

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#38238 - 01/09/07 10:52 AM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Brandon510]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

Sounds like things are progressing. I sympathize with you and the equipment issues. I run into this same thing with kids and band. Hopefully Brandon's offer will work out. We, unfortunately, do not have any used light weight equipment. Maybe if you put an add in a Penny Saver type neighborhood paper you would get some responses. Or ask the proprietor of your center if you can put some signs up soliciting light weight balls for the Jr program.

Erin

#38240 - 01/09/07 10:54 AM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Brandon510]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I appreciate the offer Brandon,
I just got off the phone and I think I tracked down an old Columbia Scout for her. Since she just started bowling this year , this should be a good fit for her.
Thanks again though.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#38247 - 01/09/07 12:13 PM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Tim Gerard]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Eraser,
Your Welcome. Your doing a great job with those kids. I wish i had bowling program in my high school i would of loved it. But was very active in youth league and helped keep me out of trouble. Keep it up!
BowlSk: Stats

#39189 - 01/21/07 05:31 AM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Tim Gerard]
Reader Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Philadelphia
Did you sell the clinic to the school and the parents?

How is the season progressing?
MoRich Seek & Destroy 15 lbs (01/30/2007- )
Ebonite Maxim 15 lbs
HG:214
Avg:155

Started taking lessons: November, 2006

#39258 - 01/22/07 08:46 AM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Reader]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

Reader,
Yes , the kids went to the clinic and got a great deal out of it.
Its funny how after seeing yourself on video, you are more receptive to whats being instructed. They were able to see for themselves flaws in their technique. We were able to raise most of the money through 50/50 drawings and other fundraisers, so the out of pocket was minimal. The school even bussed all of us so it was great. It was a real good experience, we hope to do it again next year.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#39822 - 01/30/07 09:43 AM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Tim Gerard]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

I just completed the USBC Level 1 coaches training class over the weekend. From what I understand I don't have to go through Level 2 to take the Bronze class, although I should. Has anyone gone through the Level 2 class? Is it beneficial? I see the Bronze class will require me to travel, there are none scheduled in Michigan. I wonder why that is. Thats most likely something I will check into in the future. I was just curious about the Level 2 class and how much more info I would get. But I guess you can never know too much.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#39832 - 01/30/07 11:06 AM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Tim Gerard]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

I didn't take the Level ll, but from my understanding of the curriculum it is geared for continued coaching of Jr bowlers. So in your case where all you are working with are Jrs it might be a good idea. Especially since there's no Bronze level near you. The Bronze courses are hard to find. In 5 years there's only been two that have been within a 3 hour drive of me.

But the Bronze course has a lot of information in it and when you are given an oppotunity to go to one I would. I think there is a link on the coaching area of bowl.com that lets you request a class. Or follow the email links and write them.

Erin

#39840 - 01/30/07 11:32 AM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Atochabsh]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thanks Erin,
I went to the USBC site the other day and it looks like the closest bronze class to me is in Kentucky. I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet. There is a Level 2 class practically in my back yard this weekend, but prior commitments prevent me from attending. Thats why I was questioning how important it would be for me to pursue that level as well. I guess I will have to keep checking the USBC site from time to time, maybe I'll get lucky and one will be scheduled closer to me.
Thanks Again.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#39846 - 01/30/07 12:23 PM Re: Tips 4 a 1st time coach [Re: Tim Gerard]
SoCal Jeff Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: Orange County, CA
Eraser -
Glad to hear you took the course - I was supposed to take Level I this past weekend also but my wife fell victum to the flu and had to take care her (she's worth it)

As far as the Bronze class, I was having trouble just finding a Level I in my area and I went to the coaches section and I emailed all the instructors in my area asking if they had plans for classes in the near future, a couple were in the works, just not on the website yet so maybe something is in the works for your area. Also, one instructor told me that I could see if there was interest in my area and if I could get a few people together then a class could be scheduled.

Just a thought.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
PBA 2 Game Formats and Roll-Offs (No Spoilers)
by champ - 07/22/19 05:30 PM
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - 07/21/19 07:26 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.