BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35100 - 11/05/06 05:36 PM Delivery Question
shoter95 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: PA
I was just wondering is it illegal to deliver the ball without your thumb in the ball... i realize this isnt the correct way to hook the ball and just purchased a fingertip ball because i plan to learn to bowl that way but somebody informed me it was illegal... thank you for your responses in advance

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#35102 - 11/05/06 06:16 PM Re: Delivery Question [Re: shoter95]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
hmm never heard it was illegal to not use your thumb in the ball. I bowl in two leagues and no two people who dont use thumbs and they never have been questioned.
BowlSk: Stats

#35103 - 11/05/06 06:46 PM Re: Delivery Question [Re: Brandon510]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
It's not illegal that I know of. I'm not sure if you need to have a thumbhole drilled or not? I never really bothered to ever ask that question. Anytime I see 2 finger bowlers they usually have a thumbhole drilled for whatever reason.
Storm - Natural

#35104 - 11/05/06 07:50 PM Re: Delivery Question [Re: Silent Mike]
shoter95 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: PA
Well like i said this is what the coach of the bowling team told me at tryouts because i prefer to throw the ball with 2 fingers rather than straight though i realize this isnt the proper way to throw a curve (like i said i plan to learn to throw fingertips) but i had just planned to tryout throwing it with 2 fingers until i had time to learn & practice throwing with a fingertip ball... would having a thumb hole drilled or not affect the whether or not this practice was legal maybe?

#35105 - 11/05/06 08:26 PM Re: Delivery Question [Re: shoter95]
luisistaz Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 49/male/Tijuana, Mexico
No, it's not illegal to throw the ball with two fingers, it's just not proper technique. You may get an instant curve that way, and have a bit higher scores, but, in the long run, it will stun your progres as a player, and in dificult conditions for most players ( dry for example), persons using two fingers have severe to imposible problems just getting to the pins, much less geting a good shot off. There are some players that I know of that have had good succes shooting that way, but they are few and far between.

#35145 - 11/07/06 04:09 AM Re: Delivery Question [Re: luisistaz]
Goodah Chunky Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: ??/M/State of Euphoria
It is legal to deliver the ball without your thumb in the ball...

#35149 - 11/07/06 08:54 AM Re: Delivery Question [Re: Goodah Chunky]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
It is not a legal question. There is no rule that says you have to put 2 fingers and a thumb into a ball.
As luisistaz said, it is a matter of proper technique.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#35151 - 11/07/06 11:28 AM Re: Delivery Question [Re: Dennis Michael]
Camper4lyfe Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 26/m/Rocheser, NY
It's not illegal, but it's not a very good idea.

Of the 2-fingered bowlers I've seen, they're either hot or cold. There is no consistency to their scores and in the end, they just end up not very good.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 10/18/18 04:06 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.