BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34888 - 10/28/06 06:07 PM Etonic Stabilite Plus...
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
Anyone have any experience with these shoes or comments? I've upgraded a lot of my equipment and the last thing I'm looking to do is get into a higher end shoe. Right now I have a low to mid range shoe I'll keep as a back up. I'm kind of picky when it comes to shoes and these stand out to me (the black ones). I know Etonic is big on golf shoes but I know very little about their bowling shoe offerings and figures this would be the place to ask. I'm looking to order them Monday unless I hear any horror stories.

What other interchangeable sole bowling shoe should I consider? Any I should stay away from?
Storm - Natural

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#34898 - 10/29/06 07:40 PM Re: Etonic Stabilite Plus... [Re: Silent Mike]
luisistaz Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 49/male/Tijuana, Mexico
I have lots of shoes, practicaly all the brands, and The Etonic's are the most recent ones I own. I've got the Lava colored stabillite plus. They are very good shoes, very confortable, and very stable. Very high Quality finish, prime material, good craftmanship = very good shoes.

#34900 - 10/29/06 08:12 PM Re: Etonic Stabilite Plus... [Re: luisistaz]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

That's the kind of info. I'm looking for, thanks! Even before the reply I was all but set to order them Mon after work. I just like to see other people's experience before dropping $100+ on a pair of shoes I wear a few times a week lol I'm a bit more bland in my color choices so I'm sticking with black.
Storm - Natural

#34943 - 10/31/06 10:12 AM Re: Etonic Stabilite Plus... [Re: Silent Mike]
SoCal Jeff Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: Orange County, CA
Mike,
I don't know much about Etonic, I recently went to Dexter SST6's have nothing but good things to say. They are a wider shoe and my balance at the line has improved. Very comfortable, great quality. I work part time in a Pro Shop and almost every real good bowler in our house has the same shoe (or an older version).

I see so many people buy $200 after $200 bowling ball and have the $40 shoe - good for you for recognizing the need for quality equipment - including shoes.

#34956 - 10/31/06 01:11 PM Re: Etonic Stabilite Plus... [Re: SoCal Jeff]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I have a pair of Etonic Stabelites(not the plus) and a pair of Dexter SST LX, and I like them both. The Dexter's are a little lighter shoe, and the fact that you can change soles and heels are a plus. I bought my Etonics before they offered an interchangable sole. My Etonics seem a little more stiffer of a shoe, the Dexter shoe I believe is kangaroo leather, therefor a little softer and lighter. Hope this helps a little.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#35063 - 11/03/06 08:27 AM Re: Etonic Stabilite Plus... [Re: Tim Gerard]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

I was looking at Dexters SST1s and the Etonic Stabilite Pluses and opted for the Etonics. I'm picky with my bowling shoes I like them plain and black but I did finally want to step up to an interchangable sole shoe to complete the equipment upgrade.

I noticed on my Tues scratch league I was one of a few bowlers with entry level shoes. Not that it's the only reason to upgrade but better bowlers have better equipment usually and for good reason. After a freak wrist injury at work which cost me a lot of down time (I bowled lefty) I'm slowly getting back to my 220ish average, I was looking at shoes before this to help with better stability at the line so hopefully they will help. They are in transit as I type this, is there anything better than buying new bowling equipment? Thanks for the replies!
Storm - Natural

#35193 - 11/07/06 11:19 PM Re: Etonic Stabilite Plus... [Re: Silent Mike]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

I got the shoes today just before they got rained on. Tried them out in my scratch league and nearly broke my neck on the first delivery. Changed soles a few times and slowly gained confidence. In the first game I missed an easy 4 pin which I never do because I felt unstable. With these shoes they actually feel like them make you balance better. For the night I rolled 220-229-244 for a 693 series. I was surprised how a positive rubber sole gave me great push away power and dialing in your slide foot gives you that confidence that you can make a good shot with a wider more stable feel at the line. The Etonic Stabilite Plus is a great shoe. Its also one of the few manufacturers who offer wide widths, what a HUGE difference from entry level shoes compared to these. If you are in the market for shoes don't over look the Etonic line and if you are thinking of upgrading shoes, do it! Even at $100-$120 a pair you know you will get your $ out of them.
Storm - Natural

#35200 - 11/08/06 08:24 AM Re: Etonic Stabilite Plus... [Re: Silent Mike]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Wow.... nice rolling,
So if I get those shoes I'll shoot 700 too? ..LOL.. Just kidding. I know what you mean about the wider shoe, it really makes you feel more balanced at the line, they are definetly worth the extra bucks you pay for them, and they should last for years.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.