BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34464 - 10/15/06 09:50 AM Video of Me Bowling
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
I decided to also take video of my self bowling check it out bowling with my new red zone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMBEkeyTcDI
BowlSk: Stats

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#34465 - 10/15/06 11:26 AM Re: Video of Me Bowling [Re: Brandon510]
Brian Longo Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37/M/Jacksonville, NC
Man, you've got some ball speed (18.5+?). I see one major flaw in that you come up at the end of your delivery at the foul line. That actually causes you to lose a good pit of power (not real noticable because of your speed), which, on softer conditions, will hurt you. If you can stay down through your finish, you'll have a better chance of staying behind the shot and creating a stronger roll.

Otherwise, everything else looks pretty solid.

#34468 - 10/15/06 12:00 PM Re: Video of Me Bowling [Re: Brian Longo]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
The thing I notice the most is that you rush your shots. Your feet are fast and you seem to carry the ball (not let it drop naturally) and therefore your timing gets late. Now because of this and the fact that your feet are faster than your armswing, you have to cut off your backswing and rush/force the downswing. And that's what causing the awkwardness and being off balance at the line. And that in turn is what's causing you to not stay down.

Having had a similar problem in the past, I always felt like I was fighting to stay on balance at the line. The truth is, if you feel like that, something's going wrong. For me, and it appears for you as well, that "something wrong" is trying to force the delivery.

#34487 - 10/16/06 03:00 AM Re: Video of Me Bowling [Re: Lefty]
Bikedad Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 57/male/New Zealand. Right han...
Solid shooting, Man. The guys, above, have given you their verdict and, I am sure, they are right but even if it ain't perfect it sure is effective. As long as you can keep knockin' 'em down like that then you will have few worries. What happens, though, when the lanes dry up a bit, or you get carry down.. can you still pound those pins the same way? Whatever you choose to do with your bowling,i.e. try for perfection or just improvement, just keep enjoying it like it looks like you were doing when the video was shot. Good luck and good bowling.
Cheers,
Allan

#34529 - 10/17/06 09:59 AM Re: Video of Me Bowling [Re: Bikedad]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Thanks Everyone for your imput.

Brian ~ i dont know but do have fast ball speed. hmm yeah sometiems i stay down sometimes i dont i think its a timming issues took 10 year break from bowling and been back bowling for 4 months.

Lefty ~ believe you are right on my timming sometimes it is off. When its off on drier condtion i can struggle. What would you suggest? That i try to slow down my approach or say maybe start more back?

Allan ~ Yeah it works for me but i think i do need improvement and take all tips and maybe try someout in practice and see if it may improve my game. When lanes dry up or i get carry down i can still pound th epins if i make proper adjustments or change of balls, though sometimes i do have trouble on drier lanes where i cant make the right adjustments but so far so good.
BowlSk: Stats

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Arthritis?
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.