BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33957 - 09/23/06 08:38 AM Re: Brand of Choice? [Re: Chaos]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
My company of choice is Storm. The reason is that the X Factor is my favorite ball. I have had 3 of them. I keep looking for one on sale on ebay. That ball just fits my style so well. I also love my Duece and Fear Factor. Maybe it's just the X Factor line. I don't know. I have tried balls from most companies. My current line up includes an Inferno (Brunswick) ( I'm trying to find an X Factor to replace it ), a Thrash ( Track ), and a Too Hot ( Storm ). I have others I use on a need basis. I have a RotoGrip Sonic X Solid that I love, I just can't find a condition to use it on. I have a Track RevMaster and Mutant that are both great. I had a Monster Smashr (brunswick 15 pound) that was a great ball. I don't use my 15 pound balls but I still have them and all of them were good. Including my Triple X ( Storm ). I have a Blazing Violet 3D from Hammer that I refuse to give away. I had a 15 pound Aggression from Ebonite that was great in oil ( gave it away ). I had a 15 pound Blazing Inferno that I loved but gave it away.

I don't follow just one company. I have a favorite, but that doesn't mean diddly squat. I go by coverstock first and core second. I read the ratings by Bowling This Month. I check out the balls online. I know what type of ball works for me. I'm a rev dominant bowler. Really dull balls don't get a lot of play time with me. My Duece rarely gets used. My Nemesis rarely gets used. My Fear Factor never gets used. I use my Thrash ( particle pearl ) if I need a ball that hooks more. 9 times out of 10, I use my Inferno or X Factor ( it's gotten a tad weaker but still hits the pocket very hard, great for medium/light oil ). Even when I was playing on the PBA patterns this summer, my Inferno got the most use.

As for Storm being skid/ flip. I can make almost any ball skid/flip. I like the X Factor line because of the great backend. They are all easy to control ( for me ) and drive through the pocket on their intended condition. As much as I like my Inferno, it's no X Factor.

I have always wanted to try The One, but I fear it might be too much ball for me. I'm sure I could make it work, but I have whooped up on many bowlers using them so they haven't impressed me much. I am impressed by the amount of bowlers using them. I'll stick with my X Factor. On a house shot, it is still king to me.

Now where can I find one again...................

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#33961 - 09/23/06 01:58 PM Re: Brand of Choice? [Re: Smooth Stroker]
FlimFlamboyant Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 33/M/Illinois
Originally Posted By: Smooth
Now where can I find one again...................

Maybe this isn't what you're looking for, but just doing a quick "storm x factor" search on Google brought up a number of options in the x-factor line from several sources (including e-bay). Unless it's the original x-factor that you're trying to find. In that case... well, uhm... yeah, good luck. wink Obviously a great ball; I've seen plenty with many, many games on them that still cover a good number of boards, at least as many as my Big One, which didn't last very long at all by comparison.

I asked my Pro Shop guy about recent Storm offerings (the Agent in particular) and he told me that the quality of Storm's "premium" balls have declined considerably since the X Factor series. He said that they still have some good stuff in the intermediate range (the Thunderstruck in particular), however.

So, I dunno... whatever that's worth. wink I've always thrown Ebonite, with the exception of a Columbia Icon that I had briefly (it was a test ball) which I was quite impressed with. Today, however, I'll be picking up a new Hammer Black Widow on the recommendation of my Pro Shop, as my current arsenal just won't read oily patterns any more.

Edited by FlimFlamboyant (09/23/06 01:58 PM)

#33962 - 09/23/06 02:01 PM Re: Brand of Choice? [Re: Smooth Stroker]
Jdhaze Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 35/M/NH
Most of my stuff is from the Brunswick Inferno line, and Ive had no issues with balls dying or being duds though it took me 2 drillings and some surface change to get the Scorching working as I wanted it. I recently picked up a Black Widow, and thats fit nicely between my Smokin Inferno and the Scorchin.

You really have to try things yourself as even balls within one company can differ enough that you will match up with some and not others. I didnt like the few Storm balls I tried, but I would try them again. I also love the Inferno line, but some people hate them. I also picked up the Black Widow, because sym balls were not turning the corner for me playing over the middle, and this ball has some amazing turn on it.

I also agree that sticking with one company makes it a lot easier to prevent overlap. However with a good Pro Shop and some experience under your belt, you would be limiting yourself by only using one company imho.

JD

#33966 - 09/23/06 02:57 PM Re: Brand of Choice? [Re: Jdhaze]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
I've been pretty happy with Hammer lately. I currently have 3 hammers (Big Rig, Vibe and Doom), one Storm (Super Sport) and a Columbia (Action). My two go-to balls are the Big Rig and the Vibe. If it's a house shot, I'll more than likely be throwing the Vibe. If it's tighter with good back ends, I'll probably be throwing the Big Rig. If there's to much oil for the Big Rig, I'll throw the Action.

I've never had much luck with the Doom. It seems like it would be a great ball if you had to get deep and needed that sharper entry angle, but when's the last time you've seen a lefty have to play 4th arrow? It doesn't get much use for me.

I just picked up the Super Sport so I'm not exactly sure where that's going to fit in yet. It was supposed to be just above the Vibe, but it hasn't work out that way yet.

#33968 - 09/23/06 06:01 PM Re: Brand of Choice? [Re: Atochabsh]
Rollin' Cowboy Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 39/M/Atlanta
Strictly Ebonite with 1 exception. A Columbia Ti-Messenger black/gold that goes extremely long with a very wicked hard snap at the end. I've tried Storm and a couple of other Columbia's, which nothing seems to work too well for me. I'll stick with Ebonite all the way and still keep the Ti-Messenger too.

Cal Russell

It takes balls to play this game.

#33971 - 09/23/06 10:29 PM Re: Brand of Choice? [Re: Atochabsh]
Sandman Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 47/M/Arizona
Well all you have to do is read my signature and you will know what I prefer.I have tried every manufacture there is accept elite.I was an avid Storm and Roto Grip fan until I rolled my first lane1 and I was hooked,Track or brunswick has never been a good match for me,I may as well been throwing cotton balls at the pins,but put a Diamond core in the Brunswick covers and they seem to match up great.One of the worst balls and manufactures I used was lanemasters Answer I absolutely hated that ball.
Buzzsaw C/Carbide
thats just what I carry
Tsunami(X2)
Cobalt Bomb (X2-1NIB),BCB(X2-1 NIB),
Original SD(X2,NIB),Golden Nugget,Pearl Cherry Bomb (X3-1NIB 1 is 16Lb)
SCB,H2O,Pink Raspberry (16Lb),
Black rasberry (15.8)
And Always Looking For More

#33974 - 09/24/06 01:53 AM Re: Brand of Choice? [Re: Atochabsh]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
When i first started bowling back int he days. I use to be a real hammer fan then i changed to ebonite down the line. I used to really stick to one brand. Now that i have gotten back into the game i did pick up a ebonite, but i been reall¥ impressed on what Brunswich is putting out and been picking up a lot of balls from them, when i frist started was never a real brunswich fan but now i am. Though im not really brand specific if i find a ball i think will work for me i go for it.
BowlSk: Stats

#33985 - 09/25/06 12:16 AM Re: Brand of Choice? [Re: Tyveil]
Right Field Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 43/male/kansas
my first ball was in the columbia line I have the columbia scout reactive, I have the columbia messenger tI, then I switched to the hammer line I have the hammer real deal, the hammer hawg zilla, I tried the ebonite sr300, my latest ball is the legend ns2. all these companies have great balls, I think that each one is unique in it's own way, to have a few to pick from is the key. Because you never know how the conditions may change.

[Edit: Please do not post in all capital letters.]

Edited by Right Field (09/25/06 12:24 AM)

#33993 - 09/25/06 04:16 AM Re: Brand of Choice? [Re: Brandon510]
Jock Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 51/M/France, right handed
Originally Posted By: Brandon510
Now that i have gotten back into the game i did pick up a ebonite, but i been reall¥ impressed on what Brunswich is putting out and been picking up a lot of balls from them, when i frist started was never a real brunswich fan but now i am. Though im not really brand specific if i find a ball i think will work for me i go for it.

Brandon,

If you're really a Brunswick fan, perhaps you should learn how to spell it! LOL grin

#33994 - 09/25/06 04:21 AM Re: Brand of Choice? [Re: Jock]
Jock Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 51/M/France, right handed
Sorry for the double post!!!!

Maybe I should learn how it works as well!!! LOL

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.