BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33329 - 09/02/06 11:46 AM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now... [Re: Lefty]
vmehra Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: London
What is pre-bowling by the way? In the UK (in any tournaments I've played in at any rate) scores only count during competition.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#33332 - 09/02/06 01:37 PM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now... [Re: vmehra]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
USBC in its infinate wisdom has allowed sanctioned bowlers to pre and post bowl if they cannot make league play. Now this doesn't count for tournaments. It used to be that the entire team had to pre or post bowl together. Then USBC changed the rule to allow individual pre and post bowling. This rule basically allows people to go on vacation and still bowl ahead of time. It allows kids that are divorced and have to go back and forth between houses to bowl two weeks at a time. And whenever pre or post bowling it has to be witnessed by a league officer. The problems arises when the witness rules are not totally upheld. All pre and post bowling rules must be individualized within a league's own playing rules to allow it. Some leagues can disallow pre and post bowling all together.

Erin

#33333 - 09/02/06 05:50 PM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now... [Re: Atochabsh]
okorimbo Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: 86,male,SF Bay Area
It's amazing that the bowling geniuses in ABC and now USBC refuse to credit Glen Allison with a real competetive 900 series while falling all over themselves to recognize this travesty. Is it any wonder that Bowling as a sport has such a poor image? No wonder that the IOC doesn't want Bowling as an Olympic sport.

#33334 - 09/02/06 05:50 PM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now... [Re: Atochabsh]
okorimbo Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: 86,male,SF Bay Area
It's amazing that the bowling geniuses in ABC and now USBC refuse to credit Glen Allison with a real competetive 900 series while falling all over themselves to recognize this travesty. Is it any wonder that Bowling as a sport has such a poor image? No wonder that the IOC doesn't want Bowling as an Olympic sport.

#33337 - 09/02/06 10:43 PM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now... [Re: bimmerman]
I BOWLXXX Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Marion,Ohio
I think That with that many 900's in one house USBC should send someone over there and check the place out. I was working at a local bowling alley and I've herd many ways to help your chances of high scores. Someone was talking about the previous owner and how after the lanes have been checked for certification he would raise the flat gutters. with raising the flat gutters you are able to carry way more ten pins. So there are a number of thing that the bowling center can to so they have higher scores shot. Also I know that if the center uses new pins at the beging of the season you wont carry as much because the bottoms are more flat than older(used) pins. So who knows the kids father could be rounding the bottom of the pins so if you get a good enough brezze they would fall over. I mean pro's would love to be able to shot 4or5 900's in a lifetime but a 17 year old I wouldn't see happening. There are pros who have been bowling way longer than that kid has ever been alive.
Storm Triple X Factor 15lb.
Brunswick Raging Inferno 15lb.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
no one on for 5 days
by djp1080 - 5 minutes 12 seconds ago
True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 07:28 AM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/16/18 12:26 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/12/18 06:43 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by 6_ball_man - 05/03/18 03:10 PM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 04/29/18 10:29 PM
Superstitions?
by Dennis Michael - 04/26/18 06:09 PM
Better Polish
by BOSStull - 04/24/18 12:24 PM
I'm pizzed at my ball driller
by 82Boat69 - 04/24/18 09:55 AM
Some awful lane conditions
by 82Boat69 - 04/24/18 06:46 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.