BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#31588 - 04/29/06 06:35 PM Do you wipe your ball after every shot?
Gus Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 24/M/Vancouver
After joining the forums, I've gotten into the habit of cleaning my ball after I finish bowling. I use to wipes my ball after every shot in an attempt to make my shot more consistent. But I find that new balls nowadays seem to soak up the oil much faster, essentially leaving nothing to wipes. In addition, it is a bit tiring and annoys my significant other whom I usually bowl with. But in terms of ball maintenance, is there an advantage in wiping the ball after every shot?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#31589 - 04/29/06 09:33 PM Re: Do you wipe your ball after every shot?
Scout Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 50/M/Fort Worth, TX
For me only once per frame unless it is the tenth. If I get a strike, I will wipes the ball for a treat. I guess that I'm a little strange. nut

#31590 - 04/29/06 11:20 PM Re: Do you wipe your ball after every shot?
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I wipes my ball before each strike attempt. I don't know if it helps the ball last longer or not. I really do it to keep my pre-shot routine intact. In my head, I believe I'm doing something that helps the ball. In reality I have no idea if it helps or not.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#31591 - 04/30/06 12:37 AM Re: Do you wipe your ball after every shot?
fidelblanco Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 28/m/oshawa
ya i normally wipes before every strike attempt unless the lanes are very dry i just feel i wanna keep any oil that lands on the ball lol. dont know if it matters its just how i roll lol.
Hammer Black Widow Pearl
brunswick spare ball

#31592 - 04/30/06 02:49 AM Re: Do you wipe your ball after every shot?
luisistaz Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 49/male/Tijuana, Mexico
I wipes my ball before every shot, itīs part of my pre-shot rutine, itīs automatic, I donīt even think about it, or see if the ball reali needs it (I supose it does), but itīs part of what gets me ready for my shot, so itīs very important to me. By the way, even if I have to reset the pins, or somethingīs hepened (a pin falls and they have to re-set again, I sart my rutine again including the whole towell and ball thing.

#31593 - 04/30/06 02:49 AM Re: Do you wipe your ball after every shot?
mkee19 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/MD
I usually try to wipe off the flare rings. I just think mentally that my ball will continue to hook better

#31594 - 04/30/06 05:25 AM Re: Do you wipe your ball after every shot?
Gus Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 24/M/Vancouver
Do you guys pick up the ball to wipes, or just bend down to wipes the ball while it's on the returner? As mentioned, I too use to have it as part of my pre-shot routine, but since I usually have a problem of having my ball hook too early, these days I just wipes it down when I feel I'm not hooking enough.

#31595 - 04/30/06 08:21 AM Re: Do you wipe your ball after every shot?
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
I wipes the ball before every shot, including spares.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">
Do you guys pick up the ball to wipes, or just bend down to wipes the ball while it's on the returner?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">I put the towel in my bowling hand and spin the ball along the track area a couple times. It doesn't take more than 5 seconds.

#31596 - 04/30/06 04:03 PM Re: Do you wipe your ball after every shot?
lorok Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/male/albuquerque
i do the same thing as lefty. i used to hold the towel in my left (non bowling) hand, but i learned pretty quickly that i end up with oil on my bowling hand that way which made a few boo boos. i also only used to do it with my primary ball, but i've felt lately that i'm rushing during spare attempts, so i make myself do that now with my spare ball also. just part of the pre shot routine. i don't know if it makes a difference in ball reaction, and i think that it makes a very tiny difference in ball longevity; but i do it solely for the purpose of the pre shot routine. it's my "cool down," before i get set up on the approach, helps me relax my shoulders a little bit.

#31597 - 04/30/06 06:15 PM Re: Do you wipe your ball after every shot?
fidelblanco Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 28/m/oshawa
ya i put the towel in my right hand and spin the ball with my left since im a righty. i dont do it with the spare ball since im afraid of taking away the oil that helps it not hook even though its a plastic ball. i do think its a great time to assess the shot and relax.
Hammer Black Widow Pearl
brunswick spare ball

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.