BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#31234 - 03/29/06 02:24 PM Totes vs. Rollers
Nate Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 18/M/St. Louis
Right now I currently have 3 balls. I use a two ball roller and a one ball bag. Right now I'm really giving some thought into getting a plastic ball but I don't have enough money (speeding tickets are killing me) and I was thinking, should I get two 2 ball tote bags or should I got with a 4 ball roller? Tote bags are a lot cheaper and that is a key factor for me, but it seems like it would be awkward carrying two balls on each shoulder. Or maybe should I keep my roller and just get a 2 ball tote without extra storage? It's really a tough call for me.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#31235 - 03/29/06 04:06 PM Re: Totes vs. Rollers
labradorice Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 47/f/montreal, canada
Greetings, Nate!

Four ball rollers are heavy (70lbs or thereabouts when full). If you ever have to climb stairs, two double bags are much easier to tote.

You might consider one of the four ball rollers that disassemble to become two double totes.

Budget wise buying another double tote would be the most economical.

lab
cool

#31236 - 03/29/06 04:29 PM Re: Totes vs. Rollers
neb5482 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 25/m/Buffalo, NY
I think its a matter of personal preference. The 4 ball totes that seperate are more expensive, but far easier to move around. I had a 2 ball roller and a 2 ball tote that I had used for the longest time and it did not bother me at all. im now using a 3 ball roller and a 2 ball tote.

#31237 - 03/29/06 06:30 PM Re: Totes vs. Rollers
bigwavedave Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 33/M/Seattle
3 ball rollers allow you to put another ball between the handle when rolling. You can put the 4th ball in a sling and then carry when you need it. I usually carry a max of 4 balls and that is what I do.

#31238 - 03/30/06 03:45 AM Re: Totes vs. Rollers
luisistaz Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 49/male/Tijuana, Mexico
I have an inline 4 ball roller, and its no big deal (the weight I mean), still, some guys could have problems when trying to lift it. Im used to it.

#31239 - 03/30/06 05:46 AM Re: Totes vs. Rollers
Jdhaze Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 35/M/NH
I like my Columbia 4 ball roller. Its my rolling locker and holds all my bowling stuff. The top comes off so I can just take that when I only need 2 balls. I found the 2 and 3 ball rollers to unstable for me. When I have to lug it up more than a few stairs, it breaks down easy so I can carry 2 balls at a time.

I think in your case though, I would keep the roller and pick up a 2 ball tote. Its cheaper and your 18 and have a lot of good years left in that young back smile

JD

#31240 - 03/30/06 12:34 PM Re: Totes vs. Rollers
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Right now I'm really giving some thought into getting a plastic ball but I don't have enough money (speeding tickets are killing me) and I was thinking, should I get two 2 ball tote bags or should I got with a 4 ball roller? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">LOL I'd stick with what you have and buy more car insurance.

Buy a "joey" made by Brunswick. Then you can carry three on your roller easily and if you want to tote another in so be it.

Erin

#31241 - 03/31/06 03:48 PM Re: Totes vs. Rollers
brad paull Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 47/male/pennsylvania
wow im sure the state u live in thanks u for your generous donation to them.slow down and you'd be surprised what you can afford lol.detachable 2 bag seems to work well for me.don't get upset about my comment,i have a speeder that lives with us also.

#31242 - 04/03/06 12:44 PM Re: Totes vs. Rollers
Nate Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 18/M/St. Louis
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by brad paull:
wow im sure the state u live in thanks u for your generous donation to them. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Aswell as my lawer, anyway decided to get a 2 ball tote bag and use my 2 ball roller with it.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/14/18 12:15 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.