BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29165 - 10/08/05 02:16 PM Re: Brunswick dry/r
kingpindave Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 26 male london
where abouts in london do you bowl.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#29166 - 10/08/05 02:34 PM Re: Brunswick dry/r
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Kingpindave,

Keep in mind that your wife may have alot less speed on her ball and thus it will have a tendancy to hook up early.

Erin

#29167 - 10/10/05 03:07 PM Re: Brunswick dry/r
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: Kansas
A friend of mine just bought a Dry/R and he loves is. Granted I think it really suits his throw and the lanes. He is a stroker with not a ton of revs and he throws a decent speed. He generally shoots from right of center (about the 15 board) across the 10 board. He just quit using an old Eurothane so he is used to a ball that doesn't have a ton of reaction, the Dry/R was just the next step up. His average is about 146 but he's been consistently getting better and last week he nearly got his first 600 (586).

I think the Dry/R is a good entry-level ball for somebody who can rev the ball, but not a ton. It's a budget ball so obviously there are better choices, but for the money, this ball fares pretty well.
15# Quantum (Forest Green) - Dry/Wood
15# White Dot - Spares

#29168 - 10/11/05 01:02 PM Re: Brunswick dry/r
marissis Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: male/34/london
its not me first ball its just a question of getting the ball trough the lane and be able to hit the pins harder than a plastic ball.
and i bowl at bexleyheath and lewisham,kingpindave

#29169 - 10/11/05 01:14 PM Re: Brunswick dry/r
split happens Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 42/M/Canada
300 games have been bowled with balls from every manufacturer - probably even with each model. Therefore, to say that one company's equipment is better than another is based solely upon the opinion of the indivdulal bowler.

Perhaps bowler "A" likes a ball that rolls a little sooner (Brunswick???), and bowler "B" likes one that goes a little longer (Storm???).

Maybe the ball was drilled incorrectly: the span could be off, wrong pitch in the thumb and/or fingers.

Maybe you got a ball with a long or short PIN.

Maybe the coverstock and weight block combination doesn't suit your game.

Just some food for thought,
sh

#29170 - 10/11/05 01:29 PM Re: Brunswick dry/r
kingpindave Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 26 male london
ahh so you bowl in the same centres as me, lewisham is probably the hardest bowling alley ive come across. And ive been bowling there for 23yrs.

wife??? ehh...

Dont give her ideas mate... :-)

though she bowls a lot quicker than me...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 04:35 PM
End of Days
by explorer05 - Yesterday at 12:19 PM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by Richie V. - 07/10/18 12:19 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 07/09/18 07:13 AM
I'll try again
by Dennis Michael - 07/06/18 12:32 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 07/06/18 08:44 AM
Bowling ball colors
by BOSStull - 07/04/18 10:28 AM
Tiered Tape...
by BOSStull - 06/30/18 11:33 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.