BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28964 - 09/10/05 09:23 PM Ball Question
Bryant Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 14/M/MN
I'm thinking about getting a ball of my own, a brunswick power groove. The thing i cant decide is if I should go for the reactive or particle coverstock. I mainly bowl in two houses, both med-heavy oil. One usually has a fresh coat of oil on it, dry backends. The other has a bit of oil carry down.

Thanks

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#28965 - 09/21/05 11:40 AM Re: Ball Question
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 36/Male/Pell City AL, Right Ha...
Hi Bryant,

I just got my first real ball after debating that same question. I'm a beginner, so I can't tell you for certain which is best, but all the pros I talked to recommended particle to me, so thats what I went with.

Hope that helps you.

Good Bowling!

#28966 - 09/21/05 03:24 PM Re: Ball Question
Chief Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 50/Male/Michigan
In most cases the particle ball will have a more subtle reaction. The ball may hook as much as a reactive ball but it in most cases is a more gradual arc instead of a snap or skid/flip reaction. Also the amount of oil is rarely significant unless it is a house that places less than normal amounts. There are very few house shots that are heavy oil because of the cost to put that shot out. When people say they are bowling in heavy oil they often are playing the middle of the lane where the highest concentration of oil is placed.

#28967 - 09/21/05 04:23 PM Re: Ball Question
Bryant Offline
Junior

Thanks guys,

I was just wondering though, if i got a ball, would it be better to go with a entry level ball like the power groove or move up to something with a more dynamic core like the bvp line?

#28968 - 09/21/05 04:33 PM Re: Ball Question
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

Well depends on your budget and what you can afford really. Personally, I think you would get more satisfaction out of a more "performance" type ball. Just my opinion of course...

#28969 - 09/21/05 04:37 PM Re: Ball Question
Bryant Offline
Junior

Thats the biggest problem (budget)...it doesnt help when your 14, jobless... undecided ..o well...Christmas 3 months away!! lol

#28970 - 09/25/05 12:57 PM Re: Ball Question
rackattack Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 52
I think you will find the reactive easier to maintain than the particle.As you put games on particle equipment the track area smoothes out and the reaction will fade.You will have to rough up the ball with sand paper or scotch brite pads more and more to bring the particles back.

A reactive,on the other hand only requires regular cleaning to maintain the surface.

I use particle equipment for extreme oil conditions and reactive stuff for everything else.If your goal is control over a wider variety of conditions I advise the Power Groove reactive,a good cleaner and an oil absorbing towel.

As your skill progresses you may want to move to more condition specific equipment.

#28971 - 09/26/05 10:26 AM Re: Ball Question
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by Bryant:
Thats the biggest problem (budget)...it doesnt help when your 14, jobless... undecided ..o well...Christmas 3 months away!! lol </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Hey Bryant, you might check eBay for bowling balls. I bought two new undrilled balls over the weekend for less than the cost of shipping them. There are some great deals on premium equipment. I got a Track Rule, Track Phenom Unleashed, and I'm hoping to win an auction on a Track Aresenal Aggressive too. I don't really need so many bowling balls for sure, but when you can pick up a ball that sells at a pro-shop for $100-$150 for only $15 thats a pretty good deal.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/14/18 12:15 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.