BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28403 - 10/09/05 08:54 PM Re: getting quality lessons
ExBronxiteBowler Offline
PBA Senior Bowler

A/S/L: M 66 Staten Island, NY
Joel,

That method will work on house patterns where there is an abundance of oil in the center of the lane. Bowl on a more demanding lane condition where you don't have the push in the middle, and your ball will hook away from the tenpin more times than not... I throw my spare ball very straight at ten pins, and the only time I m iss them is when I throw the ball bad. And yes it is a spare ball. Hard Rubber, Hard plastic, they will both do the same thing.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#28404 - 10/09/05 09:33 PM Re: getting quality lessons
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
If you can Joel....get another lesson. Even if you are bowling well, you want to really cement what they've taught you, maybe integrate what you've read with that they've taught under their guidance.

Erin

#28405 - 10/10/05 06:07 AM Re: getting quality lessons
rcasey Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 28/M/Chicago
Joel,

Listen to Erin. Get more lessons as soon as you can. I've already set up another date to go see Michelle Mullen again. Those lessons are the best thing you can do for your game. Oh, and congrats on the 10-pin on your last league night. smile

Bob

#28406 - 10/10/05 02:36 PM Re: getting quality lessons
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: morton grove,il
R Casey
Erin
Ok here's what i'll do. Friday is next time to ball and it's on difficult lanes. They are wood
and ball does hook more. I will use same things
at this place river rand bowl in desplaines. If
it is not the same or even if it is close I will
still take one more lesson at least. thanks folks
and keep the cards and letters coming. I am excited for when friday gets here. bowling joel

#28407 - 10/12/05 12:06 PM Re: getting quality lessons
rcasey Offline
League Bowler

Hey Joel,
If you don't have a polyester ball for corner spares, I would suggest picking one up from your Pro Shop. Especially if you play on drier lane conditions, your strike ball will be more difficult to control when you are touching so much of the lane. Remember that different parts of the lane have different amounts of oil. One way to take the lane out of the equation as much as possible is to throw a polyester ball at your corner pins. As a matter of fact, I always use my old polyester ball for the 4,6,7 and 10 pin spares.

There is no need to use your strike ball on a single pin spare since carry is not an issue. All you have to do is make contact with the pin for it to go down. Remember that on single pin spares, you have a huge 13 inches of area to knock that pin down. This 13 inch margin of error is calculated from the width of the pin plus twice the width of the bowling ball.

I'll also give you a quick reasoning by going cross-lane at corner pins. We shoot cross-lane at corner pins to increase our margin of error. Since the corner pins are on the edge of the lane, we lose some mistake area on the side of the channel. By increasing our angle on corner pins, we are effectively making more mistake area on the side of the channel. Bowling is a game of percentages. Increasing your angle on corner pin spares increases your percentage of picking them up by giving you more mistake area.

Bob

#28408 - 10/12/05 01:30 PM Re: getting quality lessons
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

R Casey
I have a columbia blue dot and it works ok. I will
still want to use bd 37 and center arrow which works wonders. Will use the spare ball for those
single pins you mentioned. Also I had a lesson with Michelle Mullin a long time ago and it was
quality. I also watched her every time she made
the TV show when the wpbt was still on. I have also only seen I lady make the TV finals on the pba, and would like to see more women qualify.
I tried calling her but the number I have must be
to old I got messgage it's disconnected. joel

#28409 - 10/12/05 01:47 PM Re: getting quality lessons
rcasey Offline
League Bowler

If you want to get in contact with Michelle, go to the website she and Alita Sill have set up at: http://www.sillionaire.com/

Bob

#28410 - 10/21/05 06:15 PM Re: getting quality lessons
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

R Casey
Hi there, I waited until I had something good to
tell you and Erin, well today that day has come. I
have been struggling on my friday league as the lanes are wood. I tried my moving up routine and
it worked boy was I supprised. I moved up on approach 16 inches or 1 1/2 feet. Used middle board on one lane and 18 on the other, other being the right lane. 196-162-190 all three quality games with some carrydown causing some difficult rails. But your bd 36 and 37 for the ten pin works wonders and I am sticking with it.
I am taking my time and looking at my target instead of aiming at it. thanks again next report
on monday if I have good news. joel

#28411 - 10/31/05 02:27 PM Re: getting quality lessons
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

R Casey
This is when I should be boasting, instead I am
only happy. Friday I shot good but first game 150
. Second game 183 as I found the line. third 189
with 3 *** in the tenth. I am finding that if I
need to come through to win a match or win a game for the team on sunday I am finding that I just say it and it happens. I might go for another lesson with patti on wedns. see you later joel

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Fin09 - 12/14/18 11:31 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.