BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28343 - 07/17/05 04:53 PM Re: getting quality lessons
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: morton grove,il
Mary Ellen
You must not work so hard. I knew something was funny when I did not hear from you. I am so confident in my bowling now I think I can do just
about anything. They have showed me something I did not know existed. The style is the greatest and the power generated without any effort is to me amazing. I get explosive strikes and pick up my
spares like a pro. These people I bowl with are up
in their years (just some of them) and have averages I was only dreaming about. Now with what
patty and cliff have shown me I can conquere the
bowling world if I want to. bowling joel
P.S. dont work so hard and I will email soon. joel

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#28344 - 07/18/05 04:08 AM Re: getting quality lessons
Jeff B Offline
Junior

A/S/L: M/33/WI
Joel,

When I first met Patty and Cliff I was about 8 years old sliding on the wrong foot. My dad owned a center and I loved to bowl. I studied as much as I could under them from a distance as we were MANY miles apart and quickly into my preteen years was WELL ahead of many adult bowlers. I became more dedicated to bowling in my teen years, visiting Patty and Cliff to sharpen my skills and was averaging well into the 200s by 14-15 ish. I did bowl 15-20 games a day, was very dedicated, but it pays off. to sum things up, by the time I was done in juniors and having the opportunity to ba around Patty and Cliff for a couple years in person, I was averaging into the 220-230 range, had an 854 and was cruising along a path to bowling success. It was a few life changing events that seperated me from bowling, but nothing but amazing praise should be given to Patty and Cliff. The are truly two of the most gifted instructors in the industry. They teach the basics of bowling better than anyone you will EVER meet and it will be up to you to decide how far you want to take you career. I am so thrilled to hear about them and that they are still helping others in their bowling endeavors. Cliff taught me life lessons as well as bowling lessons and was VERY instrumental in my life in more ways than he could EVER know. Patty was always helpful, open, competitive and pushed me to improve all the time. Good luck and I look forward to hearing from you!!!!

#28345 - 07/18/05 06:16 PM Re: getting quality lessons
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

Jeff B
Hello, I gave them the msg that you have given me
and they want to get your phone number and were you are at at this time. I will see them on friday and will give them your nbr. They said you
are one of their students and cant believe they can now get in touch with you through me. It's great to see their faces as I told them and then
gave them the note. I will be listening to them
a lot more and trying to get better.
Thanks for the message. will email you again soon
bowling joel

#28346 - 07/18/05 06:57 PM Re: getting quality lessons
Jeff B Offline
Junior

A/S/L: M/33/WI
Joel,

Thank you so much for being the "messenger" in this! Considering we have never met personally, I want to thank you for passing on my message. Reading your posts, it sounds like you are excited about your new skills, honing them in. Once you get consistant in your timing and comfortable with all the changes you are making, you will begin to understand how to move around the lane better and how you react to lanes changing.....which I am sure you already know. If you ever would like some advice or questions you may have not gotten the chance to ask Patty or Cliff, I would be happy to share whatever I can.

If you would, give my # to them....608-792-5923. Let them know it's my cell phone and they can call anytime during the day as I have it with me. My evenings are pretty busy with my kids (which they probably don't know that I have) so daytime is best to reach me!

As I said before, they are the best.....bar none. I have read onlinesome people that have run into them and don't agree with some of what they teach, but I have been in the sport at a VERY high level for many many years and there is nobody that I have met that can make an average bowler better, a good bowler great, a great bowler elite. I have been around them to know the likes of David Ozio, Jeff Carter, wouldn't be the bowlers they are without them...let alone what they did for my own game, and life.

My personal email is [email protected], feel free to send a note anytime! Best of luck to you!

#28347 - 07/19/05 10:51 PM Re: getting quality lessons
Flynwolf Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 33/Male/Laurel, MD
I keep reading about the benefits of getting a coach/lessons. I think it would help me. Anyone know of a good instructor/coach in Tucson, AZ?
Thanks,

#28348 - 07/20/05 04:44 AM Re: getting quality lessons
crux Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 39/m/Germany
Hi,

on Monday I had the opportunity of a 2 hour bowling session with Brian Voss, Mike Machuga and Robert Smith. These 3 guys are on a promotion tour in Germany. It was unbelievable, entertaining, amazing, motivating, incredible, amusing, tremendous, funny, useful, diverting, inspiring ... running out of words ;-)

After the session, while having a couple of beer and talking nuts, I had the idea to spend my next holiday in the US and improve my bowling. Furthermore I'm impressed by the enthusiasm of Joel with his trainers. My thinking goes for a 5 to 10 day trip to Chicago and take some lessons at Classic Bowl in Morton Grove. But I have some questions about that. Is it located in Waukegan Road ? Do they teach bowlers every day? Are there any blackout dates? If it is going to happen I will ask you some more questions ... where to stay ... to eat ... what to do ... etc.

Every answer is more than appreciated.

cu

Jens

#28349 - 07/20/05 12:40 PM Re: getting quality lessons
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Most coaches teach on a bowler to bowler schedule. They are not at the bowl, unless they have a lessons planned. I suppose really popular and busy coaches might be at a center every day, but make sure you have appointments if you want daily lessons.

Otherwise you can sign up for some of the clinics that are held throughout the year in the US. These are usually 3 to 5 day clinics and are sponsered by various bowling industries. For example, Bowling This Month has their Super School. [censored] Ritger has similar camps. You can also go to Kegel in Florida.

If you end up in Chicago, its a city just full to the brim of things to do.

Erin

#28350 - 07/21/05 05:06 AM Re: getting quality lessons
crux Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 39/m/Germany
Hi Erin,

thanks for your answer. Yes something like Kegel or Ritger has been suggested by Mike and Robert also. Unfortunately it looks a little bit outside my budget ... but I try to find out what they charge exactly compared to other offers. On the other hand, as far as I understood Joels postings he pays something between $10 and $25 for a group lesson which sounds ok to me and my wallet :-)

cu

Jens

#28351 - 07/21/05 11:44 AM Re: getting quality lessons
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

Jens
Well I am flabergasted. I have gotten 2 lessons
from PattyAnn and Cliff Tarpley. They have taken a
n average bowler who finished last season with 175 average and turned him into a monster. I have
been bowling this summer at Classic bowl and I averaging better than 190 so far. I have had two
games so far that I only dreamed about. 2 weeks ago I bowl in practice 256 with 9 in a row and just yesterday wedns I went with a friend to a brunzwick zone and bowled 4 games the last 266 with a turkey and then 6 in a row for the 266.
I must be lined up sooner then I am now doing as I tend to move to middle where all the oil is.
Now for their schedule. They have Pro Shop and they have summer hours. I have their old hours but will get the new ones for you on friday.
I will then email you. They are the best as I have
had. They charge 12.00 and have groups of ten.
You bowl for one hour and they watch your style and give you tips on how to improve it. Until I send you another email on friday think about what you might become. bowling joel aka joel

#28352 - 07/21/05 11:51 AM Re: getting quality lessons
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

Jens
I have decided to answer question as to where the
bowling alley is. Yes it is on Waukegan road south
of dempster across the street from a storage area.
I will give you there number. Call around 12.00 noon. 847-663-0085 tell them joel sent you and that you want lessons as you are planning to come
to chgo. I am very happy about this whole thing.
Hope to see you at the alley. bowling joel your
stairway to the stars. ha ha joel

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Informal poll
by 82Boat69 - Today at 10:11 AM
Hype Versus Reality
by Dennis Michael - Today at 08:50 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Made it.
by RGR - 02/18/18 07:56 AM
Ball choice and strategy for Wolf pattern
by champ - 02/17/18 10:15 PM
My Senior League wants to change Houses
by BOSStull - 02/17/18 05:21 AM
tennis elbow
by BOSStull - 02/17/18 03:58 AM
12 pound ball?
by W9JAB - 02/15/18 02:52 PM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 02/11/18 07:19 AM
Brunswick "The Grizz" Vintage Urethane ball
by nord - 02/11/18 04:20 AM
Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane
by nord - 02/10/18 03:24 PM
Honor Scores Not Received By USBC
by Mkirchie - 02/10/18 10:54 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.