BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28095 - 03/04/05 09:24 AM New Bowling Shoes do not slide
larsonjean Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 67/F/FL
HI, My husband just bought a new pair of bowling shoes at Sports Authority. He used them the other night at bowling and they would not slide at all so he had to rent the shoes from the alley.

He has Parkinson's so it is very hard for him to bowl anyway and I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion how to help these shoes stop sticking and make them so he can slide.

He doesn't bowl that often because of his illness so it would be hard for him to do a lot of practicing to break them in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jean

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#28096 - 03/04/05 11:10 AM Re: New Bowling Shoes do not slide
Angel Offline

A/S/L: F/So Cal
All new shoes need to be broken in. My first suggestion is to have him wear them around the house, on tile and wood floors preferably. You need to break down the nap so they can slide. If that doesn't work, take them into the Pro Shop at the center and see if they can sell you a little teflon sole that can be permanently affixed to the shoe.

#28097 - 03/04/05 02:02 PM Re: New Bowling Shoes do not slide
CCbowler05 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 17 m michigan
There is also something you can buy that will make the shoe slide. Im not sure but i think its called a sliding sock. Its a small thing that you strap around the back of the shoe and the front is covered in a nylon type material. It helps you slide. Also, shoes bought from stores like SA and Kmart wont perform like shoes bought from a Pro Shop. Look around some proshops will have deals for example I bought my shoes for 20 dollars and they are Dexters that ussually run for 50 to 60 dollars.

#28098 - 03/04/05 05:51 PM Re: New Bowling Shoes do not slide
No open tenths Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 29/Male/kalamazoo,mi
If the sole is leather a wire shoe brush could be used to break in the sole. Most pro shops sell these and they are not very expensive. I keep one in my bag in case I start to stick. brushing from the toe to the heel will provide more slide. You won't want to brush side to side as this will decrease slide. Hope this helps.

#28099 - 03/04/05 07:37 PM Re: New Bowling Shoes do not slide
goatster Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: Oxbow, Jefferson (County)
well its great that your husaband still is active in a sport like bowling with such an unfortunate condition.a guy in our league has a slide sock they work good.there is also some stuff called easy slide or a slide sole that can be attached to the bottom of his slide shoe.a guy on my team gas one of those and he can walk in water even and not stick it probably is something like the teflon slide someoneelse mentioned and ive heard of where them around the housebut i dont know any one who has done it.good luck hope you come up with a solution for him.

#28100 - 03/05/05 12:36 PM Re: New Bowling Shoes do not slide
larsonjean Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 67/F/FL
Thank you for al your excellent suggestions. We will work on it and see what we can do. If not, maybe he should buy a good pair at the Pro Shop. Better to spend a little extra money than have him fall down.

Thanks again.

Jean

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

It's never too early for a good deal!

Shop Amazon - Countdown to Black Friday

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
My Hyroad solid was solid today
by Rocket Jr - Yesterday at 08:52 PM
Fall '14 virtual league announcements & discussion
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 04:53 PM
New Sinister Layout matching up well on 42' THS
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 09:23 AM
Brunswick Product Preview
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 08:34 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Richie V. - 11/19/14 10:36 PM
Do you remember the 1979 bowling movie "Dreamer"?
by VFF57 - 11/18/14 06:51 PM
Fall '14 Week 10 virtual league results
by wronghander - 11/18/14 09:11 AM
Reverse finger pitch
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/14 02:37 PM
Why deflection bowlers can annoy us!
by samdasham - 11/17/14 09:31 AM
2014 WTBA World Men's Championships
by Richie V. - 11/16/14 03:15 AM
Reactive Ball for Older Bowler
by NoThumbNoProblem - 11/14/14 06:19 PM
Sore wrist.
by Pat013 - 11/14/14 07:19 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.