BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#27557 - 03/10/05 12:31 PM Storm Vertigo
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
I drilled one of these up yesterday and put about 6 games on it.

The ball definately covers a lot of boards. It reads the lane a lot earlier than other storm products I've used and continues to hook on the back end, but the back end hook isn't violent.

I used this on a house shot that had a big puddle 10-10 and I was playing 4th arrow to see how the ball delt with the oil. Even with good ball speed and keeping it in the soup, it still always finished strong. Other equipment I'd throw just couldn't finish the corner playing in there. I think this is because the Vertigo will read the lane earlier so it has a better roll and more power as it gets to the pocket.

My expierence so far with this ball is that while it will roll and read the lane eariler, it's not going to recover from sending it way out. I have an Eraser Boost that I can get deep and wide and it will hit hard from out there. The Vertigo, while it can out hook the boost, it isn't capable of recovering from that deep outside breakpoint. Or at least the way mine is drilled won't allow for that.

pin is 4.5" from PAP, above fingers. CG is kicked out a little, about mid span. Well, that's where it was before the target weight hole.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#27558 - 03/10/05 12:40 PM Re: Storm Vertigo
YouthBowler2007 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 16/m/WI
The Vertigo is a **** of a ball, my coach got one and so did my friend who I bowl with. It hooks alot from what I have seen so far but I decided on getting a Ultimate Inferno over the Vertigo even though I am a big storm fan. Well hopefully the ball works good for you, and also from what I've seen it doesnt usually come back if you throw it out there.

#27559 - 03/13/05 08:58 PM Re: Storm Vertigo
TurboManGT Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 22/M/Detroit
Yeah I just got mine drilled up last sunday. I would definately agree with you. It had a very tame but strong back end through the oil. My other equipment was just sliding down the same line. I have 6 league games on it and I'm averaging 211 with it. 3 games in an oily condition. And 3 games in a dryer condition (yeah I know its not meant for dry, but I was loving the carry with it)

#27560 - 03/15/05 10:48 AM Re: Storm Vertigo
rsuave123 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 40, male, Texas
I have a Vertigo and find that it hooks like crazy on dry lanes, but not much on the sludge I bowl in. I am wondering if I did not drill the ball correctly? I am a low rev stroker style player. I have cleaned it with the Storm products, with acetone and even had it sanded and I am still not getting the hook I need in the oil. Any suggestions on how I should have drilled this ball?

#27561 - 03/15/05 01:16 PM Re: Storm Vertigo
Lefty Offline
Legend

I can't imagine this ball not hooking unless the lane is oiled 50 feet. Can you explain where the pin and the CG are?

Also, can you define what you mean by "not much"? What line do you have to play to hit the pocket?

#27562 - 03/15/05 03:35 PM Re: Storm Vertigo
TurboManGT Offline
League Bowler

I can't imagine it not hooking either. You must bowl on some serious carry down lol

#27563 - 03/16/05 02:29 AM Re: Storm Vertigo
Jason Fewell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 32/Male/Mckinney, Tx
I am having problems with my Vertigo, too. My ACE hooks more than my Vertigo! I have had it polished to maybe get a snap in the backend. Didn't work. Out of the box, no hook in med-heavy conditions. Third game, continuous hook to the pocket, nice. I have it sanded with grey scotch brite now. Two directions. Light house condition, threw the ball out to about 7 from 30 and it barely got up. It was a strike but, my ACE was flying out to 5 from 30 and was just killing the pocket. It has to be the drilling. Pin under bridge, CG kicked out just a little. One thing, though, normally I tuck my pinky and rip the ball. This ball tracks over the thumb that way. I have to turn my wrist more and come around the ball....I am working with my driller to get this ball to it's potential....Any suggestions?

#27564 - 03/16/05 08:12 AM Re: Storm Vertigo
Lefty Offline
Legend

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by Jason Fewell:
I have had it polished to maybe get a snap in the backend.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">IMO, you were trying to make the ball do something that it wasn't designed for. It's not your traditional Storm ball that goes long and snaps. It's meant to be more of an arcing ball that has continous hook.

But I've noticed that if I get it in the soup, it will store a lot of energy and have a monster back end.

I threw it during practice before league last night and I was standing on 38 throwing at 17 and it was destroying the pins. But that's to much of an extreme line for me to play.

#27565 - 03/16/05 03:33 PM Re: Storm Vertigo
TurboManGT Offline
League Bowler

Yeah I was made clear that this ball is not meant for length and extreme snap. Mine covers many boards in an even and tame fashion.

#27566 - 03/16/05 07:31 PM Re: Storm Vertigo
Jason Fewell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 32/Male/Mckinney, Tx
Yeah, my driller told me that it's not meant for skid/snap, but that David H.(STORM rep), asked him to polish his. He did and David got his to snap for him. I'm assuming the conditions were dry. So, I said, yeah go ahead and try it, let's see if that will help. It didn't. So, now I have it at the Grey scotch brite condition. Threw it Monday on light oil and it hooked gradually but with it sanded like that, I shouldn't have been able to keep in on the lane. I need this ball for oil, it's getting up, but in light oil...I went over and told him what it did and that I can't hit it at the bottom because of the tracking over the thumb. So, now we are going to drill a small axis hole on the left side to draw the track away from the thumb. This should allow me to turn it like the ACE and my other equipment. Hopefully that'll do the trick. Thanks guys...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by BowlerBill - Yesterday at 07:05 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Vic44 - 08/04/18 10:41 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
End of Days
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:41 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.