BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25565 - 12/03/03 09:00 PM Ball Question
Greg B. Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 17/M/PA
I have two questions. Right now the ball I have is an Ebonite Wave. I've searched the Ebonite website and on google and I can't find any information on this bowling ball. The only ball I find is the Ebonite Tidal Wave, which isn't the same. I bought this ball two years ago and I think then it was a discontinued model, but I still think I should be able to find information about it somewhere online. I've thought about emailing Ebonite about it but I thought I'd ask here first. It's not very important, but I'd like to find out the specifications on it.

Also, I'm planning on buying a spare ball and am curious as to what weight I should get. Right now I am throwing a 15lb ball, so should I get a 15lb spare ball or should I go to a 14?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#25566 - 12/03/03 09:17 PM Re: Ball Question
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
It was a predecessor to the TidalWave and the WipeOut. A fairly weak ball. Mild weight block and fairly new reactive cover stock for its time. More of an even arcing ball, rather then a skid snap ball. The Tidal Wave and some of its following balls were made with stronger weight block. Thats to my best recollection.

Erin

#25567 - 12/07/03 01:09 PM Re: Ball Question
Bowlerski Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 40+/Male/Fremont, Michigan
Hey Greg!

Erin is on the money about the ball. For it's time it was a stable, arcing ball. By todays standards it is quite weak, which could be good for really dry lane conditions with the proper layout. However it was introduced at the same time as the other balls, along with the "Stinger" line, and the "Cat" line, nine balls introduced on the same day! That was fun when customers came in to ask about them!

Tom

#25568 - 12/15/03 08:45 PM Re: Ball Question
Greg B. Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 17/M/PA
Hey, thanks a lot for the info. I visited my local Pro Shop a few days ago to pick up a new ball and he had an article from April '97 on the Wave. You guys described it just right.

I ended up buying a Monster SmashR which gives me a lot more hook than my old Wave. I plan to keep them both... the SmashR for wet->medium lanes and my Wave for medium->dry lanes.

Thanks again for the input.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Dennis Michael - Today at 11:12 AM
no one on for 5 days
by Dennis Michael - Today at 11:06 AM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by 6_ball_man - Yesterday at 08:42 AM
True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane
by Mkirchie - 05/20/18 07:28 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/12/18 06:43 PM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 04/29/18 10:29 PM
Superstitions?
by Dennis Michael - 04/26/18 06:09 PM
Better Polish
by BOSStull - 04/24/18 12:24 PM
I'm pizzed at my ball driller
by 82Boat69 - 04/24/18 09:55 AM
Some awful lane conditions
by 82Boat69 - 04/24/18 06:46 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.