That kind of s u c k s gr8bowler. So if you have questions you go and pick the brains of your local shop, waste their time, and then buy elsewhere. Why not just call up the place you are buying from via the internet and pick their brains?
Benefits of buying from a local Pro Shop
1. build good customer relationship
2. support local small business
3. Pro Shop
can watch you bowl and make an educated suggestion for a good ball for you. Takes a lot of guess work out of buying a ball.
4. you can get the pin placement and top weight you want with next to little effort.
5. even special orders typically arrive in less then 1/2 week. While shipping a ball can take 10 business days or more and you might not get what you ordered.
6. most instock balls can be fitted and drilled within a day or so of purchase. You're on the lanes with your new ball faster.
7. easy to deal
with any warrenty problems.
8. most shops can return equipment that has funky pin placements or defects and get another without too much hassle and in less then a week.
9. its common to have fitting and drilling included in ball price.