BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2451 - 05/03/06 06:36 PM Who enjoys bowling year round?
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
In the past I've always bowled year round with no breaks unless I felt I needed it. With my 3 year hiatus from the sport and my first Winter league under my belt I can't wait for the Summer league to start. I was asked to join a good team and I hope to improve on the 198 average I ended with.

I hear some people on other teams that are thankful the Winter league is over and that it's too long. They are mostly new to the sport or Winter leagues and it got me wondering, how many of you take Summers off(Winters for that matter)? How many bowl straight through year round and how many are just addicted? For those of you that take breaks what's your top reason?

For me as much as I have enjoyed myself in the past I am hungry to do better. No break for me, if anything I am adding a league or two if I can swing it.
Storm - Natural

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#2452 - 05/03/06 07:31 PM Re: Who enjoys bowling year round?
luisistaz Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 49/male/Tijuana, Mexico
Two of the leagues I'm in have a summer and a winter version of the league, but on the third one (I'm president of that one), it goes all year round (summer and winter). We usualy start the last week of July (or first week of august), and have our grand finale also in july (we go to Las Vegas, and have our finals at The Orleans, right after the Mini Eliminator held overthere.
And yes, I'm addicted do bowling,I play it, I watch it, I talk it and I read it. It's my only addiction, but it's a great one to have.

#2453 - 05/03/06 09:44 PM Re: Who enjoys bowling year round?
entourage Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 19/M/Lexington KY
I bowl whenever i get a chance. I will bowl every league possible if I could. Iwas going to sign up for two this summer but i have to take a calculus class and work. I am also going to do one this fall and winter with an old team of mine. Once again I cant do more than that because of school and work but i will practice every chance i get. I will bowl about 40 games a week. I am right there with you with the addiction thing. I cant stop. My thumb hates me but I dont care.
Heavy oil- X factor Deuce 16lb
Spare Balls:
Columbia White Dot 15lb

A cranker, tweener, and a stroker.

#2454 - 05/03/06 10:06 PM Re: Who enjoys bowling year round?
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I will bowl in two leagues this summer I think. I will bowl in a high scoring, competitive doubles league. I also plan to bowl in a PBA pattern league, maybe. It will be hard to do two leagues and do tournaments. Wifey may not like that too much. One league and tournaments are easy to get away with. Two leagues and tourny's may take some trickery and fast talking. I will do about 8 or 9 tourny's this summer though. It depends on how I do in the first couple. If I win a tourny or two, she'll let me do more.

I bowl all year round, non-stop. I'm totally hooked. I have goals I want to reach. I'm really looking forward to bowling on the PBA patterns. Actually it's the regional tour patterns. The house that is holding it has Brunswick pro anvil lanes. The guy that runs it said that the PBA patterns and pro anvil lanes makes the bowling balls skate like they are on ice. He said he would do the regional tour patterns to give bowlers some hold area, yet they will still be harder than a house shot. I'm also doing the USBC nationals in July. That is my bowling summer.

TTFN- ta ta for now.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#2455 - 05/03/06 10:21 PM Re: Who enjoys bowling year round?
SouthShoreBowler Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 40/M/Righty (for now)
I always bowl in the summer. Bowling, to me, is not something I can take a "break" from. I actually pre-empted a trip once in order to get back to my Sunday league in time (I left Buffalo at 6AM to make sure I was on time for 7PM league practice on Long Island!) It took a pretty serious case of food poisoning to make me miss my bowling league one week on Super Bowl Sunday. Addicted? Just a bit...

Back to summer leagues though. I love 'em! It's a break from the usual uncomfortable humid weather and practice for league members is ultra-cheap. I just can't get enough! Somebody help me... nut

#2456 - 06/13/06 01:47 PM Re: Who enjoys bowling year round?
Taylor Nomad Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 52/M/Texas Lefty
I, too, would have to say that we're addicted. I had a lay off of 25 years and finally joined a work league last fall. I introduced my wife to the world of bowling and she's gone totally crazy. We bowled on the work (mixed) league in the fall and joined a mixed league for the summer. We bowl on average 3 times a week with a drive of 25 miles one way. We recently got back from the Women's Nationals in Reno and are planning on taking the level 1 coaching class in July. I can honestly say that we're both addicted.....is that bad??

R

#2457 - 06/14/06 08:30 AM Re: Who enjoys bowling year round?
hellokitty fl Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 47/Female/Florida
I hardly ever take a day off, let alone the summer. We bowl in a practice league that allows you 5 free games every day, so I'm there. Besides I pass the lanes no matter where I'm heading and I always have the equipment in the car. I too am addicted, and I can think of worse things.

MA

#2458 - 06/14/06 08:45 AM Re: Who enjoys bowling year round?
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I bowl all year round too. I am currently on two leagues one of them being a PBA pattern league.I also bowl every sunday morning with the "guys" working on our games. I bowl all year because I love it, and am always striving to get better.Thats the main reason I am trying the PBA league. I know its going to be more difficult, but its going to make me think a little more about each shot, which hopefully will make me a better bowler in the long run. laugh

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#2459 - 06/14/06 10:04 PM Re: Who enjoys bowling year round?
Jdhaze Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 35/M/NH
I bowl all year round too, least I am this year and plan to continue.

I do wonder with my car getting so hot up here in the north, how people father south deal with it. On a hot summer day, even a 30 min drive to the alley heats things up quickly.

JD

#2460 - 06/14/06 10:28 PM Re: Who enjoys bowling year round?
Dick Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Quarryville, Pa
I have been bowling year round for the past 45 years or so. I took one summer off in that period of time. I guess you could say I'm hooked on the game. Pun intended.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - 11/19/17 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - 11/19/17 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - 11/19/17 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.