BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#23781 - 08/03/06 02:11 AM Starting Over can provide help
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD
Okay so this week I've been watching pros with their footwork and reading online noticing somethings that are critical to good shots. Things I don't do so I decided to start over again with getting my fundamental footwork, timing, and release down this whole week. At first I definitely struggled to adjust but as I battled I finally broke through with my best practice to date. Okay I didn't have a coach but I went to two houses in Ann Arbor. Colonial and Ypsi Arbor. I managed to bowl a 223 at Colonial and my very first game at Ypsi was a 251. I played 20 games tonight so my average was probably around the 150-160's. Shot after shot was flowing out off my fingers like clockwork. The biggest thing I had going on tonight was that out of the 14 games I played at Ypsi, I destroyed the 9th frame, I had one open frame in the 9th with the rest being strikes. I couldn't believe it; I even finished with 7 straight in 9th frames. Definitely my best practice ever but I'll sure a coach in due time will be the judge of that

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#23782 - 08/03/06 07:25 PM Re: Starting Over can provide help
Show300 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 33/M/Bellflower, CA
Sounds like things are going well for you, Tariq. Of course, the true testament will be when you get into league or tournament play and whether you can perform those same fundamentals there. And if things aren't working for you, will you stick with it or fall back into the old?

That's how I've really been able to gauge how well I've practiced. It is truly one thing to pick the 7 and 10 pin off of a full rack 6 straight times and throw a six bagger in practice. It's another animal all together to do it when there is point money, position and side pots, brackets, etc. on the line.

Not that it's all about the money, but just making sure that even when it's not working for you, you continue to do it the right way.

I relayed the story about how just last Sunday I bowled on some very tough (dry) conditions. Wven though I only shot 658, I kept my focus and only left two open frames, both on impossible spares...the 7-9 (on a high flush shot) and the 7-10 (on a high flush also).

Repetition (which creates muscle memory) is the only thing that will ensure that 'starting over' is a good thing...only time will tell. I normally wouldn't suggest starting completely over, only adjusting certain areas at a time, but if it works in long run I'm happy for you.
And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and possess unlimited knowledge, and have faith which could remove mountains; and have not charity, I am nothing - 1 Corinthians 13:2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.