BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33932 - 09/22/06 12:45 PM Re: Bowling video games [Re: Tyveil]
Richard Koppinger Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 43/M/NJ
I play the AMF game on my phone if I'm just passing time, like in a waiting room. My fiance has an account on Pogo.com and sometimes I play the bowling game there. It's a challenge just to get to 150 for me. Kind of like real life.

--Rich

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#33949 - 09/22/06 06:59 PM Re: Bowling video games [Re: Richard Koppinger]
bigsilentrob Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 31/M/Frankfort, KY
I suck bad on that bowling game on Pogo. I'm lucky to get 120-130. Much lower than my 199 average that I've got right now.

I'm on a drinking team with a bowling problem.

#38383 - 01/11/07 08:40 AM Re: Bowling video games [Re: jd234]
Patty Pat Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 35/F/Europe
Dear guys and girls,
I would like to tell you that we have just released a new pc bowling game:"Global Bowling".
We developed it basing on the most advanced Concrete Bowling physics engine,adding and changing many features
as for instance the possibility to play on line.
Thank you again for your appreciation and waiting for your comments, regards

Patrizia Bruni
Errezed.com Staff

#43018 - 03/09/07 02:24 AM Re: Bowling video games [Re: Patty Pat]
Timwilks Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: USA
there is a lot of cool flash games out there, im sure you can find em. I remember playing some cool bowling flash games before. And free too, except I cant remember where I seen them.

#48599 - 01/29/08 12:46 PM Re: Bowling video games [Re: ]
phlydude Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/Newark, DE, USA
It is a good game...I am enjoying the HVB on PS3. It helps me practice my mechanics requiring me to take a backswing and smooth forward swing.

#49581 - 02/13/08 02:28 PM Re: Bowling video games [Re: phlydude]
ChvyKc Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 24/M/SC
I really enjoyed playing the Elf Bowling game. It's not realistic at all but very fun to play. All the little "upgrades" that you can get are pretty cool and the game is pretty challenging.
Brunswick Copper Attack Zone (Medum-Dry)
AMF Boogie Ball (Spare)
*Slowly replacing my old equipment*

HG:286
HS:751

#50037 - 02/19/08 01:12 PM Re: Bowling video games [Re: ChvyKc]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/M/Virginia Beach, VA
Brunswick Pro Bowling for the PS2 and Wii are pretty good. I have both versions, and I've played the PS2 version much more. They don't have enough to make them really stand out, though. You create a character, join a league, throw a house ball, and try to earn enough to buy a new ball. As you improve, your attributes improve as well. You need to bowl 6 matches (3 games each) before bowling a tournament. You need to win 5 1-game matches to win the tournament. Most, if not all, of your opponents in your league matches are pathetic. As you move up from the beginner's league to intermediate and advanced, your opponents don't really get much better. I'm currently in an advanced league (I think there's one more after this one), averaging 271 after about 27 games, and I'm still bowling people who can't hit the pocket. They normally shoot about 180-200 against me, but the averages of the bowlers in the top 8-10 are all about 230-250. No one ever shoots that well when I bowl them, though.
Here's what it doesn't do for you-
You can't take your "career" bowler and use him in the quick play part.
The computer doesn't tell you your 3 game series, even though you just bowled a 3 game match.
You can't bring the score sheet up on screen, and you can't normally see further back than 1 or 2 frames.
You can't just jump to a tournament. You can forfeit league matches to get to the next tournament, but the idea is to win the leagues as well, so you have to bowl 18 games between each tournament.
The key to really high scores- move your foul line target to 18 (on either side of the headpin), don't touch your arrow target, and throw the ball dead straight at the pocket. Fine tune if necessary, but once you're lined up, strike away.

EA Sports needs to get involved in making a really good, Tiger Woods-style bowling game. They make soccer, rugby, and other semi-obscure games, why not bowling?

Bowl up a Storm!

#50043 - 02/19/08 01:31 PM Re: Bowling video games [Re: Fin09]
Time-To-Roll Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: female, Port Angeles Wa. right...
Fin09,

I have been wondering the same thing. I got a Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 for Christmas. I can not believe how addicting the game can be. I am just getting a team together and adding attributes and playing skins games for money.So far it has been easy to win, now that I can drive the ball 270 yards.HA!
The graphics are so good in the Golf,that bowling I think would get boring.When they come up with a game with actual lane patterns,and an arsenal of different balls and ect. It might
be interesting.
Have you played any of the Golf games?
Dianne

#50167 - 02/20/08 03:21 PM Re: Bowling video games [Re: Time-To-Roll]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/M/Virginia Beach, VA
I have played some of the golf games. I played Tiger Woods 2005 until my fingers almost bled, and I have the 2006 and 2007 versions that I haven't played much of. The biggest risk, I think, with trying to make a good bowling game is just what you pointed out, and that is trying to keep it from getting boring or too easy too quickly. You can only dress up a bowling game but so much. But, if you incorporate a lot of different features, such as a PBA style season, as well as leagues, open play, rock-n-bowl, and practice modes, someone could sell a lot of these. Make it so you can build a character, then use him in the "quick play" segment, so that you can bowl against a top PBA pro in quick, one game matches for fun.

Bowl up a Storm!

#50272 - 02/21/08 04:42 PM Re: Bowling video games [Re: Fin09]
Time-To-Roll Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: female, Port Angeles Wa. right...
Fin,
I guess maybe we better stick to real life bowling.Not sure that too much sitting in front of computer is a good thing. I had to really laugh about the finger bleeding remark.I used to play golf so the game is fun for me.The characters they dream up are something else.I have a feeling as my team moves up it will get harder to win. Oh well it is fun.
Dianne

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 04:35 PM
End of Days
by explorer05 - Yesterday at 12:19 PM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by Richie V. - 07/10/18 12:19 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 07/09/18 07:13 AM
I'll try again
by Dennis Michael - 07/06/18 12:32 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 07/06/18 08:44 AM
Bowling ball colors
by BOSStull - 07/04/18 10:28 AM
Tiered Tape...
by BOSStull - 06/30/18 11:33 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.