BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20251 - 03/10/05 06:51 PM Re: good bowlers ?
mdmjdm Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 40/m/MD
TMorgan: Good point. You have to stay humble, and realize that you will ALWAYS run into someone out there who can beat you.

IMO...If your name isnt Earl or Walter Ray...you aren't "great"...at least not compared to them.

Personally, I also think that you SHOULD look at yourself as a good bowler (if you are)...and let others tag you with "great" or "awesome" if THEY want to...their choice.

John

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#20252 - 03/23/05 12:00 PM Re: good bowlers ?
nycxice13 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 19/m/BROOKLYN
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by mdmjdm:
Good vs. Great? I think anyone over 200 is a "good" bowler, just like a golfer in the 70/80's is a "good" golfer.

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">im a excellent golfer but a horrible bowler.

#20253 - 03/24/05 06:21 AM Re: good bowlers ?
mdmjdm Offline
Action Bowler

I actually brought golfing up for a reason. The sports are alot alike...you need to have the same "relaxed" motion to be successful.

Force it and swing too hard in golf, and you are rewarded with a poor shot. Same in bowling...you can't "try too hard". Everything has to be relaxed and smooth for good results.

Maybe that is why I am about a 10 handicap in golf???

John

#20254 - 03/24/05 11:24 AM Re: good bowlers ?
nycxice13 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 19/m/BROOKLYN
I don't know. When I play golf I get into a zone once i step up to the tee. Bowling im constantly trying to correct my motion. But that will come in time.

#20255 - 03/24/05 02:27 PM Re: good bowlers ?
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Exactly nycxice13. You don't have your motion down yet. Its like when you first started playing golf. I mean, you didn't just pick up a golf club and become a great golfer.....right? It took time, practise, concentration and possibly some lessons too. I just can't tell you how many golfers are good bowlers also and vis versa. The two sports go hand in hand.

Erin

#20256 - 03/24/05 02:57 PM Re: good bowlers ?
strikesbeme Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 40/M/Cincinnati, OH
So which is funnier, someone who throws their golf clubs, or someone who kicks the ball return?

I've seen golfers throw a club (or clubs) into a lake, and I've seen bowlers (ME!) throw a ball into a river.

Just thought I would add some humor to this thread.

Whatever game/sport you're playing, play it to the best of your ability and never lose sight of the fact that it's just a game.

#20257 - 03/24/05 03:19 PM Re: good bowlers ?
mdmjdm Offline
Action Bowler

I think throwing the clubs into a lake is funnier. You KNOW they are kicking themselves on the drive home...hundreds of dollars down the tube...

Never kicked a ball return...Punched the top of one once, though. Not smart...lol. First, I was upset at my shot(missed a 10 pin). Then, I let my anger get to me and punched the ball return. Didnt do any damage, except to my hand. Then I was mad at myself for lashing out like that.

I guess my hand throbbing for the next two days was my punishment? lol. First (and hopefully LAST) time I ever did anything like that..ouch.

John

#20258 - 04/05/05 06:57 AM Re: good bowlers ?
budvangogh Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 48/M/Texas
My opinion of a good bowler is someone who can find the best avialable shot on a lane and maximizing it--200 is not possible sometimes and the good bowler gets what is possible--

#20259 - 04/05/05 02:49 PM Re: good bowlers ?
Flamenco Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 21/m/Singapore
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by budvangogh:
My opinion of a good bowler is someone who can find the best avialable shot on a lane and maximizing it--200 is not possible sometimes and the good bowler gets what is possible-- </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Totally agree

#20260 - 04/05/05 02:57 PM Re: good bowlers ?
Darrell Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 46 Male Michigan
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by budvangogh:
My opinion of a good bowler is someone who can find the best avialable shot on a lane and maximizing it--200 is not possible sometimes and the good bowler gets what is possible-- </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Good point Bud.
If I am not mistakened John Jowdy tells the story of Amleto Monacelli won the Showboat Invitational with a score of 158. Moral of that story is that our competitor has to bowl on the same lane condition. The resourceful, versatile, in others words the good bowler finds a way to win.

--------------------
May all your corner pins fall

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 07/09/20 11:07 PM
Ultimate Adjustable Thumb
by EdW - 07/05/20 08:43 PM
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 07/03/20 04:35 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 06/27/20 09:00 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 06/24/20 02:10 PM
Quitting my League
by mmalsed - 06/22/20 12:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 06/20/20 05:06 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.