BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20069 - 04/07/05 04:07 AM eye on the arrow...
bowlerz Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 17/m/malaysia
i having prob on keeping my eye on the arrow...how 2 solve thiz prob...??

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#20070 - 04/07/05 05:51 AM Re: eye on the arrow...
Jason Fewell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 32/Male/Mckinney, Tx
Hey, Art, during practice, other than before league, get a piece of bowler's tape and place it at the arrow you want to hit. Practice hitting the piece of tape and soon...., problem solved. You can place the tape on different arrows to try different shots, too. This is not a quick fix, but will solve the problem after some time. Hope this helps....

#20071 - 04/07/05 09:55 AM Re: eye on the arrow...
Darrell Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 46 Male Michigan
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by art-:
i having prob on keeping my eye on the arrow...how 2 solve thiz prob...?? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Hello Jason and Art. Good info Jason. Art keeping in mind the great technique that Jason has offered, you might want to click on the thread below on the same subject dealing with focus, there is a lot of good info there.

http://www.bowlingfans.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/13/442.html

--------------------
May all your corner pins fall

#20072 - 04/07/05 10:12 AM Re: eye on the arrow...
bowlerz Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 17/m/malaysia
owh,ok...
how about keeping our eye on the breakpoint...??

#20073 - 04/07/05 04:27 PM Re: eye on the arrow...
Smash49 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 47/M/ Duncan Oklahoma USA
One of the techniques I teach is a breathing technique. Take a deep breath on the approach after you have got set. Acquire the mark and let the breath out. As soon as your breath is gone start you movement. By aquiring your target before you move you are not searching for it while moving. By taking a deep breath and letting it out slowing then moving you are relaxed.

Smash49

#20074 - 04/07/05 07:55 PM Re: eye on the arrow...
Jason Fewell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 32/Male/Mckinney, Tx
Hey, Smash, that is exactly what I do, too. I put my fingers in, thumb, get in my, "Ready", position, breath in and slowly out. Total relaxation. My muscles are relaxed allowing for a nice smooth and free armswing. Great advice, and other than Smash49, I can vouch that it works, too. Give it a try, art. As far as the break point goes, practice watching your ball from release until it hits the back of the pin deck. With practice you'll start noticing when the ball turns. You can get ALOT of information just by watching what your ball does when it hits the pins. If you can, ask a coach to watch you for best results. Good luck....

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 03:49 PM
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 08/08/20 04:33 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 07/18/20 08:37 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.