BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200125 - 02/24/20 06:29 PM Belmo and the 2020 US Open
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 32/M/AZ
I think the coolest thing about Belmo's win, is that even before the tournament started, there was never really any doubt that he'd probably win. He's just that good, and mentally strong, that really, no one is surprised.

Thought I'd start a thread to show some admiration. The man is good.

At one point on the telecast they had a graphic that said Belmo has been on the telecast of 27 of the 54 majors he's bowled in. That in itself is just mind blowing. Who else has ever had a run like that in the majors? That's over a decade of bowling with a 50% TV final appearance rate, and just shy of 25% winning rate in majors.

And he's only in his mid 30s. I personally think he'll burn out of the travel before he ever gets a chance to surpass Walter's all time titles record, but just think if he lived in the US. He would almost undoubtedly become the first to win 50 titles.

Anyway...respect.

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#200126 - 02/24/20 09:08 PM Re: Belmo and the 2020 US Open [Re: champ]
djp1080 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 73/m/IL
You make an excellent point about his travel to make telecasts. As you get older travel becomes a bigger and bigger challenge. I'm very happy to have retired and no longer traveling to make a living; however, I do miss meeting with those folks who looked forward to my coming to them to help them out with new equipment and to help them get it running well for them when they needed the assistance. Jason may well find that he may no look forward to coming this far as he gets older. Who knows? He's really good and tough to beat most of the time. Hats off to him!

#200127 - 02/25/20 02:22 PM Re: Belmo and the 2020 US Open [Re: champ]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 32/M/AZ
I've always taken the fact that his family hasn't moved to the US as a sure sign that he has an exit planned. And he's said as much. But I know he has to also be thinking, "if I go til I'm 40, maybe I can get to 30 titles."

You also have to wonder if there's a contract with Storm and what that might stipulate.

I guess we'll really know when the next new season comes around. Does he show up for all the tournaments? Just the majors? Maybe not at all?

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#200128 - 02/29/20 01:17 PM Re: Belmo and the 2020 US Open [Re: champ]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 64/M /Georgia
I caught myself pulling for Belmo> Was a good match to watch.

#200147 - 03/17/20 07:45 PM Re: Belmo and the 2020 US Open [Re: champ]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 64/M /Georgia
And pulling again for Belmo in the PBA World Championship Title

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas
by goobee - 09/03/20 04:38 PM
Roto-Grip Rubicon Video Ball Review
by sk8shorty01 - 08/25/20 05:50 PM
Storm Parallax Video Review - sk8sbowlingreviews
by sk8shorty01 - 08/23/20 01:34 AM
Storm Axiom Video - sk8sbowlingreviews
by sk8shorty01 - 08/23/20 01:30 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.