BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191155 - 04/06/15 11:40 PM Re: Ball oven- build your own (here's how) [Re: 56bird]
djp1080 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 71/m/IL
Followed your instructions for the ball oven and it works great. Found a similar unit at Bed, Bath and Beyond using their discount coupons. Had to order a set of trays as they only had one set at the local store. They shipped them for free and gave a 10% discount, too. Going to do a few buddies balls for them to see how much oil sweats out on other than Storm models. Thanks for a great tool!!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#191177 - 04/10/15 11:59 AM Re: Ball oven- build your own (here's how) [Re: 56bird]
slowdown Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 60/m/junction city, ks
How did the ball oven work. Thinking of making one using your lay-out.
Brunswick Blazing Inferno Spare Ball WD

#191180 - 04/10/15 03:42 PM Re: Ball oven- build your own (here's how) [Re: slowdown]
djp1080 Offline
Team USA Contender

The modified dehydrator works great. I've used a hot water treatment to a couple of my bowling balls and it works pretty good, too; however, you run a bit of a risk with water getting into the holes and there's almost no way of regulating the temperature of the water in a laundry tub or simple bucket.
Using the dehydrator gives you a way to adjust the temperature and you can add a thermometer and a timer if you want to get fancy.
I've elected not use either one and use my smart phone timer to make sure I check out how the ball is responding to the settings I've made.
Been setting the temperature near the lower end of the scale to start and let it run for 30 minutes or so. Then kick it up a notch (another 10 degrees) and allow it to run at that setting for another period before going up higher. Never have gone above about 130 or 135 degrees. Works wonderfully well. Go for it if your bowling ball(s) have lost their reaction due to lack of cleaning or absorbing a lot of lane conditioner... Hope this helps...

#199828 - 02/18/19 10:16 AM Re: Ball oven- build your own (here's how) [Re: 56bird]
bigcall Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 55/M/NoVA
Reviving this thread since I'm considering giving it shot, but wondering if the NESCO FD-75A would work as well? This is almost the same price as the NESCO FD-60 and the extra trays appear to be cheaper.

#199829 - 02/18/19 02:21 PM Re: Ball oven- build your own (here's how) [Re: 56bird]
djp1080 Offline
Team USA Contender

Make some measurements to a unit at Bed, Bath and Beyond or where ever you plan on buying the unit. The price shouldn't be much cheaper I wouldn't think. Perhaps a few dollars... Good luck... I haven't been using my oven all that much for a couple of years now. Taking better care of the gear I guess rather than being so lazy. smile The oven is worth it if you've got an oil hog. The worst two balls I had were the Storm Vivid and Track 300T. The Vivid cracked on me and seldom use the 300T these days.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by wronghander - Today at 02:15 AM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 05/17/19 09:17 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/13/19 02:12 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.