BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199431 - 05/22/18 08:29 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
6_ball_man Offline
2X Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 60/m/downtown churchville
The long/flat Slowinski pattern ate me up for 3 sessions, so this is a recounting of the last 60 and over tournament for this season. It was in my home house, but that didn't give me any advantage. I did have 16 strikes but the 10 nine counts hurt. After one double I left a 2 pin....between 2 others I left a 9 pin...those 2 cost me 42 pins, which wouldn't have been enough to make the cut, which was +62, which i do not find unreasonable. Add in the three flats on easies and maybe I am the cut...I did pick 1 of the 2 splits I left. It seems obvious I need to do something to improve my results.
Storm Code Red
Rotogrip Winner - box
Brunswick Gold Rhino Pro shiny
Storm Polar Ice - 4k+polish

equipment list too

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#199445 - 05/23/18 11:12 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Tuesday scores: 232, 218, 252

This real easy shot is good for practice. Wouldn't like it for competitive league.

My practice to get the ball out and into a roll is doing better. Getting much better carry and hitting the pocket with regularity. Well, with the exception of the 5 splits. 2 in first, 2 in second and 1 after the front 7 in third. I tugged each one.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#199450 - 05/25/18 10:22 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
6_ball_man Offline
2X Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 60/m/downtown churchville
This week we changed to Slowinski's "I Want My Momma" pattern and numbers were up throughout the league, but I was the 2nd best out of 30 with 204-176-181=561. Not a whole barrel full of strikes, but I was MUCH better on spares...even picked a split and a washout...coupla flats on double wood spares and a bizarre open in the very 1st frame where I left the 1-3-6-9 and somehow left the 6 on the spare attempt.
Storm Code Red
Rotogrip Winner - box
Brunswick Gold Rhino Pro shiny
Storm Polar Ice - 4k+polish

equipment list too

#199456 - 06/01/18 12:01 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 33/M/NH
Good bowling u2. I'm loving these pattern names "I want my Momma", lol. Sounds like a demanding shot so getting out of there with 561 is not too shabby.

Leagues went pretty well for me this week. Made a change with my wrist support going to an Ebonite Striker and was concerned it wasn't going to give me the striking power that my Bionic did. However on the 44' house shot Tuesday after arriving late and having a 164 first game with no warmup shot 269, 215 to finish the night.

Tonight at a house with more friction went 218, 204, and 241 for 663. Had a chance to go off the sheet for 280 in the last game but I pulled it badly and paid the price. Used my Grudge both nights which was a ball I almost threw in the dumpster a few months ago because I was so frustrated with the lack of carry with it (flat 7 hell). Instead I decided to up the surface from 1000 to 2000 and went with a little slower ball speed which resulted in much better reaction. Probably a good ball to keep given that DV8 is using the same coverstock on the Turmoil that just came out.

#199457 - 06/02/18 03:41 PM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

my plan to use a Summer league for practice is working well. I am getting the ball out and letting it roll. Less of an arm that caused most of my trouble. But, I needed to regain my cadence and release timing.

But, this is a false take, as the lane conditions are set up for me to take advantage of. Long oil in the middle and good friction on the outside, narrow pattern. I'm using my weakest ball, a particle pearl, with success. Averaging 236 over 4 weeks on this very weak shot. I can't even call it a house shot.

I'm raising eyebrows with my scores, and I'm not even trying. Just focus on getting the ball to the 8 board, 45 feet downlane. And, I swear, they have lighter weight pins and shallower gutters in Summer.

#199459 - 06/03/18 08:01 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 62/M /Georgia
Way to go Dennis.

I started my summer league by loosing my spare game. Actually this started at the end of last league. I have now abandoned my spare ball and going back to my New Standard for spares. I was missing too may multiples and left side spares. Other than splits I missed only 1 10 pin due to operator error last week with the NS.

#199474 - 06/07/18 11:30 PM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 33/M/NH
Nice bowling Dennis. Way to take advantage of what they're giving you.

Boss - I don't use a spare ball either. Getting one as part of a ball league but I think I'm going to save it for sport shots only. On house shots I think it's a waste of a ball in the bag; just use the flood of oil in the middle to make it go straight and on opposite side spares you want it to hook a little bit anyway.

Had a pretty good week. Sunday bowled UBA at a house where I've struggled in the past and shot 259 out of the gate before finishing with 197 and 210 for 666. Tuesday I shot 230, 212, 218 for 660 on Kegel Big Ben. This is the shot they actually put down as their house shot and I get 2 free practice games per day for the whole summer just for bowling in this league.

Tonight on a much easier shot went 236, 258, 216 for 710. With the practice on the longer condition I've been working on getting the ball to roll early which allowed me to use my shiny Verdict on the standard house shot. Big difference seeing the ball reaction. Recovered from almost anywhere with great hitting power. My leaves were all single pins (unfortunately flagged two 7s).

#199475 - 06/08/18 05:08 PM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

This week was an "average adjustment week". Haha. Shot 600 on the nose, so my average will plummet. Was a time when 600 was ok. But, its 108 under average now. Haha, I have to laugh at that.

I made every spare but left a few splits. IDK why, but, my usual carries were leaving single pins. So, the strike strings weren't there.

I think my ball rotation off my hand was different. I noticed the ball roll was not the same.

#199481 - 06/09/18 01:53 PM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: BOSStull]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 62/M /Georgia
Originally Posted By: BOSStull
Way to go Dennis.

I started my summer league by loosing my spare game. Actually this started at the end of last league. I have now abandoned my spare ball and going back to my New Standard for spares. I was missing too may multiples and left side spares. Other than splits I missed only 1 10 pin due to operator error last week with the NS.
Well that didn't work well. With dryer lanes NS was too much. Back to my Sniper but trying with a new surface 4000 no polish. Thinking about bringing my Twister out of retirement since it is 16lbs. Will just have to plug and redrill my span to match.
https://www.pinterest.com/bosstull/

#199484 - 06/10/18 08:26 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

I'm going to bake my balls today. If any oil, will get it out. Then take to new Pro Shop to refinish all. The new guy is really good and never charges for a refinish. I tell him to, but he does it free for friends

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Trying to keep my throw straight
by djp1080 - 29 minutes 21 seconds ago
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 12:11 PM
Ebonite Day at my Proshop
by Dennis Michael - 11/07/18 01:11 PM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Dennis Michael - 11/03/18 10:05 AM
Gouges and scratches on bowling ball
by Dennis Michael - 10/31/18 11:54 AM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - 10/22/18 10:42 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.