BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199606 - 08/04/18 10:41 PM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
Vic44 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/ Male/ Colorado Springs CO
No summer league... took time off to rest up some aches and pains. Ready for league to start, counting down .. 4 weeks

Career HG: 300 (3)
Career HS: 772
Career High Avg(09-10) 217.
15-16 Avg: 189

Last year? Not pretty. No high scores worth posting from 15-16. But good times ahead. smile

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#199619 - 08/18/18 10:05 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 62/M /Georgia
Just finished our summer league. It has been a terrible summer over the most part. At one time I was 20 pins under average but I was able to rebound somewhat over the last two weeks and finish at 200. Most was due to my spare shooting. I have totally gone back to using my NS for all spares except right side corner pins using the Artic Sniper. As for first ball I have corrected timing and release issues for the most part so I really feel optimistic going into the fall league.
https://www.pinterest.com/bosstull/

#199626 - 08/19/18 08:41 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Good to hear, Boss. I finished mine last week.

As I used it for competitive practice, it seems to be a success. And, I learned how to use the bank off the dry much better. On these extremely bad Summer conditions, I can't really claim scoring success. It was a given.

With health issues in the past, I have dropped 20 pins in average over 2 years. So, this 40 pin increase is a false indicator.

What it did was teach me to control my speed and focus more on my release. An extended slide and follow thru greatly helped as well.

I can do DRY lanes now. And, my hybrid LM Sting is my main ball on them.

Strange, all of my old LM balls conform to the new ball rules of the USBC. Guess, I'll stay with them.

Every Bruns, and Storm product I own, won't meet tomorrow's specs without plugging and probable redrill.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#199637 - 08/23/18 11:11 PM Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread [Re: Richie V.]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 33/M/NH
Finished up my summer league tonight. 215, 266, and 186. Ran out of gas the last game but pretty happy with the performance. Shot played like an over/under early on but was able to find the right ball and overcome a few splits early on and string strikes in the second. Held on for high average finishing at 216. Aside from the 2 weeks where I shot 710 and 767 (where it played like I had extra hold in the middle) I really didn't feel like I had a great look at this house so I'm happy with where I ended up and I feel that I'm throwing the ball a lot better than I was at the start of the summer. Looking forward to the fall/winter season.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 10:56 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 09/22/18 08:17 AM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 09/12/18 08:37 AM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 09/07/18 04:48 AM
End of Days
by steveA - 09/05/18 04:25 PM
Off-Spot Rule and Pinspotter Operation Question
by BOSStull - 09/01/18 06:43 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.