BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199573 - 07/04/18 10:33 AM Re: what will become of AMF [Re: Atochabsh]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 62/M /Georgia
About food. You must really be hungry if you have to eat something at the Zone. There is just better and cheaper options around our center to opt for their food.
https://www.pinterest.com/bosstull/

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#199580 - 07/07/18 07:49 AM Re: what will become of AMF [Re: Atochabsh]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Haha I found out what the problem was with lane 40. Its not the lane or the pin setter. It's the TV.

Seems the TV went out, and there is no way to display the scores. And, because the scoring machine tells you so much, like arrows on which lane you bowl on, they have shut down lane 40 from use.

I guess people don't know how to score manually.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#199581 - 07/08/18 10:42 PM Re: what will become of AMF [Re: Atochabsh]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

this is getting very bad. They changed the open hours to 11 am, ev day. But, someone forgot they had a practice league on Sunday Morn at 9. So, the desk person opened the door for league bowlers on time, then locked them

However, some other bowlers got in and they assigned lanes to them.

I got there at my usual 10 am to bowl with the league bowlers who would finish. I found the doors locked, and knocked. An open bowler heard me and started to walk to the door to open. He was stopped by the desk person who came to the door.

She informed me of the posted open hour change. I pointed to the open bowlers already inside. She told me, the house was for league bowlers only and shut the door.

I know there were open bowlers inside, and she flagrantly lied to me.

I'm done with this place.

#199582 - 07/09/18 06:38 AM Re: what will become of AMF [Re: Dennis Michael]
Mkirchie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
She informed me of the posted open hour change. I pointed to the open bowlers already inside. She told me, the house was for league bowlers only and shut the door.

I know there were open bowlers inside, and she flagrantly lied to me.

I'm done with this place.

Wow is all I have. What a great way to run a business, I'd never go back either. It seems to me from everything you have said that they're intentionally trying to drive away league bowlers so they can become the night club entertainment type center.

Mark

#199583 - 07/09/18 07:13 AM Re: what will become of AMF [Re: Atochabsh]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Mark, it really sucks when you do something for so long, then they arbitrarily change things, like the opening time, without any regard to patrons.

How can a place of business be open for some and not all?

I never heard of open for league bowlers only!!

And, it's a league of only 8 people. They pay $12 weekly and get 2, 3 free game passes, to use in the week. I used to bowl in it when it was $9 a week and you got 5, 3 free game passes, Just a couple of years ago. Used to have 20 bowlers at 9 am ev Sunday. Plus a bunch of open bowlers who would meet then too. We would bowl til 1 o'clock, when they turned the lights off for Cosmic.

I'll definitely make an issue of this with the Manager, who I will see Tuesday.

In fact, I'm calling the Corporate phone customer service recording. I'll leave her Name and time and date. And, demand a response.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/14/18 12:15 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.