BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199401 - 05/03/18 03:10 PM Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY [Re: dalion]
6_ball_man Offline
2X Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 60/m/downtown churchville
oh yeah....if any of you are going, park in the lot at the corner of State & Harrison Streets...you're welcome
Monster Loch Ness - 4k+polish
Brunswick Gold Rhino Pro (shiny)
Storm IQ Tour30 - 4k dull
Storm Polar Ice - 4k+polish

equipment list too

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#199432 - 05/22/18 08:42 AM Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY [Re: dalion]
6_ball_man Offline

I went and watched last year's champs the NABR team last Friday. One of their bowlers I know personally and have bowled with locally (Mike Rose). Their companion team is completely composed of guys I have bowled with here. They all started with dull/aggressive stuff out, but by the time the lights were on for score they were all already swinging it, though short swings and still outside. By the end of game 3 all of the were at 15 or farther in except for maybe one guy on the companion team. They did have some struggles, but the NABR guys posted a number that sets them in 4th place @ 3217. The companion team did credibly at 2939.

I DID note that the NABRs, to a man, shot their spares straight with shiny plastic or urethanes. The companion team seemed to all throw hooks at their spares (except for the 10 pin). [shrug]

equipment list too

#199448 - 05/23/18 08:42 PM Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY [Re: dalion]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 33/M/NH
Bowled team today, shot 192, 192, 212 for 596. Had a good look up 8 and got great reaction with my Pyramid Antidote. When it started to read too early in game 2 I switched to my Ridiculous Asym to get it a little further down the lane so I could stay in the same spot.

My problem was spare shooting. 7 opens, all makeable spares. I don't have a spare ball I always thought I could throw my reactive straight but the back ends were really hooking and ran into trouble there. Still happy with my set overall got a chance to cash in all events if I have a good day tomorrow.

#199449 - 05/25/18 09:53 AM Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY [Re: wronghander]
6_ball_man Offline

Originally Posted By: wronghander
Bowled team today, shot 192, 192, 212 for 596. Had a good look up 8 and got great reaction with my Pyramid Antidote. When it started to read too early in game 2 I switched to my Ridiculous Asym to get it a little further down the lane so I could stay in the same spot.

My problem was spare shooting. 7 opens, all makeable spares. I don't have a spare ball I always thought I could throw my reactive straight but the back ends were really hooking and ran into trouble there. Still happy with my set overall got a chance to cash in all events if I have a good day tomorrow.

Well done, pal. Good luck with d/s!!

equipment list too

#199451 - 05/26/18 03:29 PM Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY [Re: dalion]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

Appreciate that 6-ball. Finished up on Thursday went 217, 178, and 204 for 599 in doubles and 202, 175, 174 for 551 in singles. Threw my Radical Cash drilled double thumb with 500 surface and it worked well. Almost had a six-pack in game 1 with a stone 9 coming after a 4-bagger. Had to be accurate but I felt the pattern was very playable. Spare shooting was better than in teams. Didn't miss any single pins but did miss a few cluster spares unfortunately. But I did convert a washout as well.

Started out with a strong game in the singles block but my wrist device strap came off on a shot early in game 2 and after trying to use it for a couple of frames after that I really wasn't confident in the strap staying on so I threw some soft shots then ended up bowling without it but never got really comfortable either way and ended up with back to back games in the 170s to end it. Disappointed in that but still feel good about my overall performance and ability to compete on sport patterns. I figure to cash in all-events with 1746 and hoping to do so in doubles as well with 1148.

Fortunately got the whole summer to work on bowling without my Bionic. Probably was time for me to move on from that anyway.

#199452 - 05/27/18 10:48 AM Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY [Re: wronghander]
6_ball_man Offline

Originally Posted By: wronghander

Fortunately got the whole summer to work on bowling without my Bionic. Probably was time for me to move on from that anyway.

Well done at the nats, pal. Who did you bowl with in Syracuse?
=====

I have gone the other way with a device. I used an elbow tendonitis strap for a coupla seasons after tearing the brachialis tendon in my bowling arm several years ago (at work - not while bowling). I had never heard of it, but it turns out, that it controls the three inside finger - two of which are in the ball of course.
Anyhoo...I felt a twinge in that area while golfing, so I dug out the strap and strapped up for my last 2 bowling sessions and did MUCH better than I had been doing, so I think it will be a fixture indefinitely now...I didn't strap up for my last golf outing, but I think I am going to buy another one and stick it in the golf bag.

Have a great summer, and if going without the device causes too much struggling don't be afraid to buy another.

equipment list too

#199453 - 05/27/18 05:03 PM Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY [Re: 6_ball_man]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

Originally Posted By: 6_ball_man

Well done at the nats, pal. Who did you bowl with in Syracuse?

I bowled with a group from the Boston area. We had two teams go out but everyone else was under 1500 for all events. Mostly standard and classified division bowlers and I believe with the new rules for 2019 I would actually be the only regular division bowler if I go out with them again next year. Might be shopping around to see if I can get on a better team. They'd probably be better off getting another standard division bowler in my place anyhow so they don't have to bowl in the regular division in teams.

Originally Posted By: 6_ball_man

I have gone the other way with a device. I used an elbow tendonitis strap for a coupla seasons after tearing the brachialis tendon in my bowling arm several years ago (at work - not while bowling). I had never heard of it, but it turns out, that it controls the three inside finger - two of which are in the ball of course.
Anyhoo...I felt a twinge in that area while golfing, so I dug out the strap and strapped up for my last 2 bowling sessions and did MUCH better than I had been doing, so I think it will be a fixture indefinitely now...I didn't strap up for my last golf outing, but I think I am going to buy another one and stick it in the golf bag.

Have a great summer, and if going without the device causes too much struggling don't be afraid to buy another.

Definitely wish you the best with that. I can't say I have any issues pain or injury wise; the device just allows me to get a stronger release. Without it my fingers and thumb come out at pretty much the same time. Great for dry lanes but that's about it. I have an Ebonite Striker in my bag that I'm going to try and hopefully that will give me the support I need without being too cumbersome. My issue is that I take it off for spares and I'm sure that wears out the velcro. At least the non-robotic ones are cheaper to replace.

Have a great summer as well and good luck on the lanes. Also good luck for anyone else who is going to be bowling Nationals.

#199525 - 06/23/18 08:33 PM Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY [Re: dalion]
dalion Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 46/M/VA
Heading up to Cuse tommorow. Bought the new Radical Katanna Dragon. Hoping i can get that to move on what im told is heavy oil up there.

See the low to cash #'s have been posted:
http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn.net/...OCLowtoCash.pdf
USBC Open: 16 consecutive years
Open Avg: 184
Open Avg last 3 years: 181
The new 2018 avg adjustment: 210
2002 Hoinke Tournament All events Champion

#199526 - 06/23/18 09:07 PM Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY [Re: dalion]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

Dragon should be great for doubles and singles. Had no issues getting my Cash to come off the pattern and this ball out hooks the Cash.

#199527 - 06/24/18 09:59 AM Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY [Re: dalion]
dalion Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 46/M/VA
Last minute someone backed out so if anyone wants to bowl Wednesday start Tuesday
USBC Open: 16 consecutive years
Open Avg: 184
Open Avg last 3 years: 181
The new 2018 avg adjustment: 210
2002 Hoinke Tournament All events Champion

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/16/18 09:27 PM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
End of Days
by Dennis Michael - 07/15/18 07:34 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by Richie V. - 07/10/18 12:19 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 07/09/18 07:13 AM
I'll try again
by Dennis Michael - 07/06/18 12:32 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 07/06/18 08:44 AM
Bowling ball colors
by BOSStull - 07/04/18 10:28 AM
Tiered Tape...
by BOSStull - 06/30/18 11:33 AM
no one on for 5 days
by steveA - 06/22/18 04:31 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.