BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199302 - 03/30/18 12:37 AM Re: A question of degrees [Re: Jason_C]
82Boat69 Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 70/M/California
I was telling my wife last night that as I age my legs keep getting longer. I can no longer reach my feet.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#199304 - 03/30/18 11:56 AM Re: A question of degrees [Re: 82Boat69]
Jason_C Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 41/M/New York
Same here. Oddly though my arms seem to be getting shorter because what ever I hold at the end of them is harder to read now...lol

#199320 - 04/06/18 01:28 PM Re: A question of degrees [Re: Jason_C]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/M/Virginia Beach, VA
I've gotten to the point where I can see really well close up as long as I'm not wearing my glasses or contacts. If I'm wearing my contacts and need to read something small, I have to put on a pair of reading glasses over my contacts. Stinks getting older...
But you won't really see enough of a difference in a 5 degree difference in any of your angles. The guy who drills my stuff has MO's highest certification, and he starts to explain a few of the adjustments you can make, like if your angles put you drilling through part of the pin, they recommend moving it a certain distance, which will affect the angles. If you're bowling tournaments on sport patterns and need to match up to the pattern to maximize results, yes, you should get your angles dialed in as much as possible. But if you're bowling league on a house pattern, it's not going to make nearly as much difference. You'll have enough forgiveness in the pattern to make up for a slight variance in drill angles. Surface is much more important for that.

Bowl up a Storm!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - Today at 06:08 AM
For the good of the sport?
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 06:39 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 06/10/18 05:29 AM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 05/27/18 05:03 PM
no one on for 5 days
by 82Boat69 - 05/23/18 04:38 PM
True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane
by Mkirchie - 05/20/18 07:28 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.