BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199314 - 04/03/18 10:21 PM The final cut (Balls in the bag and their job)
Jason_C Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 41/M/New York
Here are the balls that made the cut for my final arsenal and their jobs:
1) Motive Forza SS ( 50 X 4-1/4 X 35) first out of the bag. Benchmark.
2) Motive Venom Shock (70 X 4 X 40) for when the Forza starts to move to early or if the pattern just has a lower volume of oil. This is my favorite ball in the arsenal.
3) Motive Tag Cannon (45 X 4-1/2 X 30) for when the heads are burnt up. Later in the set. Gets through the heads and midlane like they aren't there and breaks hard on the back end.
4) Hammer Burgundy (simple pin over Bridge) The reactathane cover (2/3 urethane 1/3 resin I believe is the composition) makes it a little stronger than a typical urethane but it is still the perfect ball on bone dry lanes. Also it is 12 pounds for when my back is in too much pain for my normal balls or I am having an arthritis flare up. I don't get a lot of deflection but there is some that I have to deal with when using this ball.
5) Brunswick T-zone- Spare ball. It goes mostly straight. Plain and simple. raised my 10 pin conversion rate from somewhere in the 70's with the Hammer to around 93% now. Great spare ball. That is my arsenal going into my first official league in a very long time. I am very happy with this equipment. I feel like it is pretty well rounded for league play.

Attachments
arsenal1a.jpg

arsenal1b.jpg

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#199316 - 04/04/18 12:09 PM Re: The final cut (Balls in the bag and their job) [Re: Jason_C]
mmalsed Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Riverside, CA
With the move to the new house, which is about as opposite to the old house as it can get (1oz of oil vs a gallon of oil. . . hyperbole but funny) so all my stuff is seemingly not appropriate to what I'm trying to bowl on (very dry)

Crux - RG 2.5, diff .052
IQTP - RG 2.49, diff .029
Marvel S - RG 2.48, diff .050

Sigh. so all low RG, early rotation. On dry lanes.

I did take the Marvel S up to 4000 polish, and I can get SOME length on it, but once things dry up even further it hooks hard and I have to put a lot more speed on it to get it down the lane. I don't have the funds to get new equipment so am trying to figure things out with what I've got.

POLISH. LOL

16# IQ Tour Pearl/16# Crux/16# Marvel S/15#White Dot

"Gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight"

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 02:32 PM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 09/23/18 10:56 AM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 09/12/18 08:37 AM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 09/07/18 04:48 AM
End of Days
by steveA - 09/05/18 04:25 PM
Off-Spot Rule and Pinspotter Operation Question
by BOSStull - 09/01/18 06:43 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.