BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199061 - 02/13/18 03:54 PM tennis elbow
bpbowler Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 37/m/Oregon
I have developed tennis elbow. Likely from bowling given the repetitive stress. The doctor didn't really offer much in advice from the typical ice, inflammatory meds and stretching. I suppose PT would be the next step. I have started using Castor Oil, which I hear has a healing affect on this tendon. I'm curious of any other bowlers out there who have suffered from this and their advice?

I do also do some basic stretches and have a tennis elbow support. Since it got worse (2 weeks ago) I have ceased bowling.

Thanks.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#199062 - 02/13/18 04:39 PM Re: tennis elbow [Re: bpbowler]
Mkirchie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/New Jersey
I can't give any advice about how to necessarily help relieve the pain beyond rest, dropping ball weight as mentioned in your other post, and whatever the doctor says. However, from the bowling side of things, you should check the fit of your ball. Also, check to see if you're muscling the ball instead of keeping a loose free swing. In theory, with proper fit and good technique it has been my experience that you should not have elbow pain/tennis elbow caused by bowling.

Mark

#199063 - 02/13/18 05:23 PM Re: tennis elbow [Re: bpbowler]
SteveH Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
Mine was not from bowling. The only thing that worked on it was acupuncture, followed by home use of ice, and a Tens unit.

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Storm Byte
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Storm Ride
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#199081 - 02/15/18 07:39 PM Re: tennis elbow [Re: bpbowler]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
If this is bowling related, It's probably from you bending your elbow in the back swing. This happens, especially if you have dropped in weight.

First, I would get an elbow wrap and focus on getting your elbow straight in the swing.

Your are should be loose and not tight at all.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#199083 - 02/17/18 03:58 AM Re: tennis elbow [Re: bpbowler]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 62/M /Georgia
https://www.pinterest.com/bosstull/

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Today at 04:06 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.