BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198745 - 12/22/17 08:49 AM Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" [Re: nord]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
The Tank Rampage has a symmetrical core which interests me more then the Black Widow, and its Gas Mask core, which is asymmetrical. The RG matches me, but am concerned about the very low Diff.

Seems that it would be too straight and slow to hook on the back for me.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#198746 - 12/22/17 08:53 AM Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" [Re: nord]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Dylan, for 2 full seasons, my leg was in a hinged, removable cast from hip to ankle. But, that didn't stop me from bowling.

I bowled those 2 years, only taking 1 step, and averaged about 194.

But, in doing that, I really developed my release and hand. Now, I walk, and have pretty significant balance issues. Even after 2 sessions of Rehab. My leg just forgot how to walk, due to Muscle Atrophy.

Edited by Dennis Michael (12/22/17 08:54 AM)

#198747 - 12/22/17 11:31 AM Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" [Re: Dennis Michael]
nord Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/Santee/CA
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
The Tank Rampage has a symmetrical core which interests me more then the Black Widow, and its Gas Mask core, which is asymmetrical. The RG matches me, but am concerned about the very low Diff. Seems that it would be too straight and slow to hook on the back for me.

1. You don't want a urethane to hook in the "back." You want urethane to read the whole lane front to back and be subtle in the back.

2. If the cover stock is strong enough then it will do its job and a low diff can be a blessing.

My Grizz has essentially super low diff, does not flare at all and has no core and is drilled with a simple CG in palm drilling.
The weakest combination in a ball for a full roller.
Yet, even though it seems to be rolling very straight, it will be grabbing the whole way and hits very hard and can roll out on drier lanes very easily.
It needs oil.
The advantage though is when the ball matches up, I can either just point it and be in the pocket all night, or if the volume is slightly less I can play a subtle tip shot keeping it in the oil all the way and still carry and of course use the same ball for all spares.

Arsenal
Brunswick True Motion Urethane Axis Drill
Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane
Visionary Crow Urethane

#198748 - 12/22/17 03:47 PM Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" [Re: Dennis Michael]
Dylan585 Offline
2X Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 20/m/ny
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
Dylan, for 2 full seasons, my leg was in a hinged, removable cast from hip to ankle. But, that didn't stop me from bowling.

I bowled those 2 years, only taking 1 step, and averaged about 194.

But, in doing that, I really developed my release and hand. Now, I walk, and have pretty significant balance issues. Even after 2 sessions of Rehab. My leg just forgot how to walk, due to Muscle Atrophy.

I didn't mean any offense with what I said! Sorry to hear about the issues and glad your still bowling... I cant bend my knee when I slide without it giving out on me so I bend entirely at the waist... Ive been bowling with a partially torn LCL and torn meniscus now for about a year

High game: 288 (2 times now!)
High series: 710
Average: 197

Bag: Original Burgandy Hammer, Genesis the judge, motiv Forza gt, motiv Arctic sniper

#198749 - 12/22/17 06:14 PM Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" [Re: nord]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

oh, no offense taken. I had torn MCL, repaired arthroscopically. then had 5 meniscus tears removed. some there for 40 years, I bet.

But, had to wait a year after my heart attack for Dr to approve the operation.

Physically, It's been a down hill slide for me. But, I'll get back. Somehow!!

#198750 - 12/22/17 07:29 PM Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" [Re: nord]
goobee Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 58/M/Sunny California
Ah the perils of getting old. Where's that fountain Ponce de Leon's been looking for?

14lbs Ebonite Gamebreaker 2
15lbs Motiv Venom Shock
14lbs C300 Antics (Weak)
15lbs C300 Antics (Agg)

Secondary

15lbs Brunswick BTU Pearl
15lbs Motiv Venom Panic
15lbs Motiv Rebel Tank

Spare

15lbs Faball Nail

#198751 - 12/22/17 08:22 PM Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" [Re: goobee]
Dylan585 Offline

Originally Posted By: goobee
Ah the perils of getting old. Where's that fountain Ponce de Leon's been looking for?

I'm only 20! I shouldn't be having these issues!!

Bag: Original Burgandy Hammer, Genesis the judge, motiv Forza gt, motiv Arctic sniper

#198752 - 12/22/17 08:49 PM Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" [Re: Dylan585]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Originally Posted By: Dylan585
Originally Posted By: goobee

you just got there faster.

#198754 - 12/23/17 07:32 AM Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" [Re: Dylan585]
Mkirchie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/New Jersey

In the "Knocking the Shine" off the pearl ball thread, you mentioned that when you switched to 2-handed you plant more than slide. In this thread, you mention that you can't bend from the knee when you bowl. I assume that the knee problems are not bowling related, however the combination of planting with no knee bend is exerting a tremendous amount of stress on your knee joint. Short of taking a break, I do feel that it would be good if you could figure out some way to modify your delivery to minimize the stress on your knee. Just my thoughts and I hope that eventually you won't need to worry about your knee.

Mark

#198756 - 12/23/17 12:46 PM Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" [Re: Mkirchie]
Dylan585 Offline

Originally Posted By: Mkirchie

In the "Knocking the Shine" off the pearl ball thread, you mentioned that when you switched to 2-handed you plant more than slide. In this thread, you mention that you can't bend from the knee when you bowl. I assume that the knee problems are not bowling related, however the combination of planting with no knee bend is exerting a tremendous amount of stress on your knee joint. Short of taking a break, I do feel that it would be good if you could figure out some way to modify your delivery to minimize the stress on your knee. Just my thoughts and I hope that eventually you won't need to worry about your knee.

Mark

Ill try and get a video of it up soon... But by not sliding as much it allows me to keep my legs more straight up and down where as sliding requires a lot of knee bend

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/14/18 12:15 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.