BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198522 - 11/16/17 01:56 PM My low track
Jason_C Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 41/M/New York
When I throw the ball it does not spin like a top or anything. It rolls off of my hand I just have a low track with a PAP about 3 1/8 over and 1/4 I have only been back bowling for about 2 months after not bowling for 28 years. It was recommended that I start bowling again because of my severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. The thinking was it would keep me a little more flexible, and lower my pain levels. It has. In two months I got my average back up to around 175. When I try to work on getting my track higher I bowl in the 130's-140's The other day I decided to just go with the track as it is and i bowled a 590 which for me is great. My question is should I be concerned about this low track even though the ball is not spinning like a top down the lane. I get good pin action and good carry and i am bowling well. Should I just go with it or is it such a big problem I need to keep trying to raise the track. Thank you for any suggestions.

I am also wondering if my lack of flexibility from the arthritis is the cause for the low track and the way I have to bend to deliver it.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#198528 - 11/16/17 11:16 PM Re: My low track [Re: Jason_C]
Dylan585 Offline
2X Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 20/m/ny
If your throwing it well enough and enjoying yourself just leave it! I have some nights where I'm clipping the fingers my track is so high (That's my norm) But I have some nights where I'm forced to lower it... Just find what works for you and go with it!

High game: 257
High series: 710
Average: 191

Bag: storm supernatural, Genesis the judge, motiv paranoia, motiv Forza gt, motiv Arctic sniper

#198529 - 11/17/17 01:38 PM Re: My low track [Re: Dylan585]
Jason_C Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 41/M/New York
Thank you. That is sort of what I was thinking. I just dont want to be too limited on the equipment I can use and the layouts. I use a Motiv Venom Shock as my benchmark. I just got the Motiv Tag Cannon. I am just hoping that I can utilize my style with whatever layouts I can use to get a ball to clear the heads when they dry out a little.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Dennis Michael - Today at 06:05 AM
Hammer "Black Widow Urethane"
by Dennis Michael - Today at 05:50 AM
"Knocking the Shine" off of my Pearl Ball
by Dylan585 - 12/11/17 01:10 PM
Dare Devil Danger Video Ball Review
by BOSStull - 12/09/17 10:04 AM
Mental help suggestions
by mmalsed - 12/08/17 12:37 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 12/06/17 06:32 PM
2017 World Championships (Men & Women)
by Richie V. - 12/05/17 04:07 PM
Twister Pins
by Mkirchie - 12/02/17 07:11 AM
Losing our pro-shop guy
by Dennis Michael - 12/01/17 07:16 PM
Storm Match Up Hybrid Video Ball Review
by sk8shorty01 - 12/01/17 12:54 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by 6_ball_man - 12/01/17 08:02 AM
by Richie V. - 11/27/17 11:39 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.