BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198101 - 08/29/17 03:27 PM Re: Reactive Balls are designed to be throw hard! [Re: Dennis Michael]
goobee Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 58/M/Sunny California
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
That's a pretty large league. Especially when most lanes around here don't exceed 40 lanes.

I guess I'm kind of traditional. I prefer a league of 34 weeks duration and 18 teams. In this way, you get to bowl every team twice during the year. Add a week for a playoff.

My league last year was so large (32 teams), I didn't even know who rolled in the playoff. As I never bowled against either of them through the year.

It's a 40-lane house. Not sure what will happen in the event of mechanical breakdown (and Murphy's Law guarantees that will happen) other than postponements and make-up games.

There will be 3 position rounds from what I understand and at least 3 byes. It's going to be a long season.

14lbs Ebonite Gamebreaker 2
15lbs Motiv Venom Shock
14lbs Columbia 300 Antics (Weak)
15lbs Columbia 300 Antics (Agg)

Secondary

15lbs Blend10 OSW
15lbs Motiv Venom Panic
15lbs Motiv Rebel Tank

Spare

15lbs Faball Nail

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#198131 - 09/09/17 11:39 PM Re: Reactive Balls are designed to be throw hard! [Re: nord]
nord Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/Santee/CA

This week we were doing our little Norquist Cup tournament at Poway bowl. We do this every thursday while waiting for the next season of league to start.
We also do the Vintage Cup at the same time where you can only use a plastic or rubber ball. High game out of three wins each cup.
No practice or warmup is allowed. You just get up and bowl and what happens, happens.

Well this time we had a big surprise.
I was up first and was using my AMF Angle Plus urethane ball.
I stood right foot on 17 and rolled over 11 1/2 out to 9 breakpoint.
The ball never made it further than 15 feet before it hooked hard and rolled right to the 7 pin!
Each bowler had pretty much the same experience!
No oil! Or actually, virtually no oil.
We all paused and I asked everyone if I should go ask them to oil the pair for us. They know us and definitely would do that for us.
Everyone looked at each other, these are the best bowlers in our league, then they all said, "No, this is more challenging and fun, let's see what we can do with it!"

So we bowled three games on the burn.
I used urethane and eventually used my Judge with the low flare layout, stood with right foot on 25 and rolled over third arrow out to 11 (had to stay inside of 10 or super hook would occur) and back.

Scores were super low, splits were in great supply and we all had a ton of fun jumping way out of our comfort zone!
The low of the night was a 117 and the high a 182. I missed the win by 5 pins closing with a 178. My doubles partner was the winner with that 182.

Note though: He has a 227 average and I have a 176 average on a THS, but on this burnt out condition we were neck and neck.

So there is something to be said for making the condition "sadistic" so it rewards shot making rather than modern tech and higher revs.

And even though his game was brought way down by this condition he was not upset about it, he welcomed the challenge and the chance to grow as a player by trying to find a way to the pocket.

Arsenal
Visionary Midnight Scorcher Particle Urethane
Visionary The Crow Urethane
Visionary The Judge Urethane
Brunswick Grizz Urethane

Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Slow speed and weak release - matching up...
by nord - Today at 02:21 AM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 02:30 PM
Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh BOY!!!
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 01:15 PM
Hybrid Ball?
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:40 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by 6_ball_man - Yesterday at 08:41 AM
What a Disparity
by goobee - 09/23/17 07:08 PM
Track My Roll Product
by Dennis Michael - 09/20/17 01:49 PM
Lane Machine Breakdowns
by Dennis Michael - 09/20/17 01:31 PM
PRODIGY BOWLERS TOUR -- 09-16-2017 "BOWLAPALOOZA"
by W9JAB - 09/20/17 11:20 AM
Riverside Lanes, Laughlin, Nv?
by BowlerBill - 09/18/17 12:08 AM
Help with unknown Rhino
by jeff bruce - 09/12/17 12:40 PM
Reactive Balls are designed to be throw hard!
by nord - 09/09/17 11:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.