BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#19798 - 03/13/05 04:42 PM Re: something new
Mary Allen Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 34 female Columbus, Ohio
You never want to move the ball on the third step, because then you created late timing and you won't be solid at the line and would pull the ball. I like what Marty has pointed out to you. I'm very happy that you're experimenting different things in your game and I'm very proud of you. Keep it going. Let me ask you something. When The lights come on and it's time to practice do you try to look for the right line to the pocket? Keep in mind that every week the shot will not be the same. When you have that 15 min of practice is the time to experiment a few things. You have to see what the lane is doing and from there that's when you can do a few adjustments here and there. Keep up the good work. And I agree with Marty's suggestion to study someone like a Brian Voss or a David Ozio who I met in person and have a picture taken with him. He's an awesome guy to meet.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#19799 - 03/13/05 04:54 PM Re: something new
strikesbeme Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 40/M/Cincinnati, OH
You met Ozio? What a THRILL that must have been! He's the guy that I've modeled my game after.

Jealous in Cincinnati,

Marty

#19800 - 03/14/05 01:07 AM Re: something new
Mary Allen Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 34 female Columbus, Ohio
Hello Marty. I sure did met Ozio in person and it was thrilling to have my photo with him. I was bowling in a pro am last year @ Shawnee Lanes in Chilicothe, Ohio. I bowl there every year. It was the PBA Senior's Pro Am not the regular PBA pro am. Not only did I met Ozio, but I also was very fortunate to have met the late great [censored] Weber and I also had a photo taken with him. I was so hurt that Weber passed away. He was really a nice guy to have met. A few years ago at a pro-am here in Columbus, Ohio I met his son Pete. In which I had that feeling of uneasyness to go up to him and have him sign my scrapbook. He wasn't bowling. He was in between sets sitting at the bar with his wife, Tracy. His wife seemed very nice, but Pete gave me that impression of not wanting to be approached. That's how I read him, but I'm not going to pass on any judgement of what he is like, because I didn't talk to him that much. I also met Walter Ray Williams Jr. and he seemed very approachable. I had him sign my bowling shoes and he was just very cool to have talked to. I would really like to meet Parker Bohn IIIand Norm Duke in person. Who knows the day may come to where I can. Oh by the way I want to thank you on sending me that e-mail you sent me. It's nice to know that you admire my knowledge of bowling. I can be very wordy in my posts, but I like to be as descriptive as I can when I explain to someone who needs a little help. It's just that I love bowling so much that I have a great passion to share my experiences and ideas to bowlers of all skills and all ages. I even like to help out the beginning bowlers, because I've been where they're at and I know that we all have been there. The greatest feeling that I get is when my ideas and experiences helps someone and they write back to thank me or even when they agree with what I'm saying as far as expressing my veiw on something. That's why I love this site so much. I'm sure you know what my average is after reading all of my posts and believe me it took a lot of learning and hard work to get where I'm at. But I'm still learning even more advanced techniques so that I can be even more versitile than I am now. And not just techniques in itself but in bowling overall. And Again thank you so much for reading my posts and e-mail. I would like for us to e-mail each other from time to time and share and exchange ideas if you like.

Sincerely,

Mary Allen

#19801 - 03/14/05 09:55 AM Re: something new
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: morton grove,il
Mary Ellen
Marty
Hi yes every wedns and sunday I do the same thing.
I start by throwing the ball half speed between the
first and 2nd arrow or bd 8. It tells me what I want
to know and try the 5 4 3 move. Move 5 bds left
5 bds with target which is the 13 bd. Which ever works the best I use. I also make sure it's working.
I take only two frames. I also practice my heel toe
steps and my follow thru. I mean 589 I sure did something right for a change. You all are great, aint this great to coin a John Trivolta phrase.
see you soon. bowling joel thumbsup

#19802 - 03/14/05 10:15 AM Re: something new
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

Coach04
Erin
Every week I am learning something new and getting
better with everyone's help. Mary Ellen and Marty
have given me another boost with their help. How
can I go wrong. I had a very good sunday with 589
and on each game had the minimum of opens. First
game one open 187 second 204 one open. third game
198 with two splits. Next report wedns. see you
then and happy coaching and bowling to all.
bowling joel thumbsup

#19803 - 03/14/05 01:00 PM Re: something new
joel Offline
Touring Pro Contender

Marty
Mary Ellen
In addition to last post: Yes i am going to use
pushaway on second step and keep doing what I did
this past sunday. I was comfortable and did manage
to get 95% of my spares and also through in a cpl
two baggers and one tripel. Overall I had good luck with the strikes. bowling joel

#19804 - 03/14/05 05:58 PM Re: something new
Time-To-Roll Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: female, Port Angeles Wa. right...
Hi Mary Allen,
Again another very good post. You come up with
fresh ideas. The pushaway for instance, you
said to use the word "pushway" which for me using 4 steps is really good. I think this would be an example of a chunker cue. The word tells your body exactly what to do. I have to jump up from the computer and try this, I have a ball I keep at home. It would be very easy to go to a 5 step
for a little start momentum using the step,then
pushaway,ect. I have been having a problem now and then where timing just goes , feel like a
clutz. I found the answer, to be bringing my focus
back to the dots, instead of the arrows.I think
what happens is adrenalen and early timing causing
fast feet. ???? The change causes me to slow down
slide and then release.Will try taking a deep breath exhale and then just say pushaway and keep
my rhythm, smooth and relaxed.
Another thing I liked was [If you didn't see the
ball don't move} you and Erin are sticklers for accuracy. smile Thats the name of the game.
Thanks Mary A.
Dianne

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.