BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197240 - 04/15/17 10:39 PM Re: 7 - 10 Split........ Adjustment?? [Re: One Pin Standing]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL
I bowled in a shootout today and had 4 pocket 7-10s. missed the cut by 4 pins. Its a monthly scratch event. had I been in the other two divisions I still would have qualified. just no luck. the last 7-10 was a light mixer to top it off 2nd ball of the 10th in the last game. aside from that one all the others were good looking hits.

I've had a rash of these in the last weeks. at least one a night. I use stronger covers with surface a lot, so, I'm conscious about letting the ball roll out.

many factors cause it that I've seen. no power with a late finish. roll out where there is not enough angle. mostly, it looks like speed and revs not matched up. I know a guy who throws about 19 with decent rev rate and you can see the hits he carries that lower speed / rev players leave.

without hitting the pocket sweet spot, you need power and speed. accuracy doesn't always work because ball roll changes as the shot changes. that is when you're open to pocket splits and taps even though you're throwing it "good" like I did today.

I will go back to this event next month and claim it. without the 7-10s.

it was my first try but the 2nd time I bowled in the house and did score 66 pins better. I did well considering I bowled against guys who bowled there many times and have the house down very well. I see what works now.

Edited by rrb6699 (RayRay) (04/15/17 10:51 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling
Tilt: 15, AoR- 65, PAP: 4 3/4ovr, 3/4up,
Sp:15.5 avg
Alpha Crux-15#
Guru Mastr-15#
Sinister-15#
Grenade-16#
Quantum Violet-16#
Wht Dot-16#
MoRich Frenzy-15#
Multi wins/Top 5 Finshes-Scr&Hcp events

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#197247 - 04/17/17 10:05 AM Re: 7 - 10 Split.....Awesome tip [Re: One Pin Standing]
W9JAB Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 66/m/Il.
Quote:
Direct hit on the non-gutter pin that traps that pin in corner. The pin's only place to go is up & over the ball onto the pin deck
the outside gutter away from the ball return.I have read that the pit has a slight tilt to it towards the ball return. Makes sense so the ball rolls back to the return mechanism.

Awesome tip, never heard that on before.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Should I extend VL sign-up to get 11 bowlers?
by Richie V. - Today at 02:29 PM
Balls with no filler
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 03:41 PM
Reactive Balls are designed to be throw hard!
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 03:37 PM
2017 USBC Open Championships
by champ - Yesterday at 03:11 PM
Interesting Week... almost four 300 games
by Dennis Michael - 08/17/17 08:17 AM
Brunswick "The Grizz" Vintage Urethane ball
by ExBronxiteBowler - 08/16/17 01:55 PM
Lane Machine Breakdowns
by Dennis Michael - 08/16/17 10:00 AM
Loving the sport patterns
by wronghander - 08/14/17 09:52 PM
Sign-up for fall VL closes Aug. 20
by Richie V. - 08/13/17 09:56 PM
Other sports that use a ball
by BOSStull - 08/13/17 09:31 AM
Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh BOY!!!
by goobee - 08/10/17 12:25 PM
Frozen rope with a twist
by W9JAB - 08/10/17 11:02 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.