BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#196970 - 03/15/17 09:16 PM Re: 2 handed bolwing [Re: spectral]
W9JAB Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 66/m/Il.
Belmo will never last as long as a Pete Weber or a Walter Ray Jr.
with the two handed style.

Heck I'm three days older than dirt and three games put the hurt on me. crying

But you got to remember that Belmo developed his two handed style because he was too small to bowl one handed, not for power or speed. thumbsup

mmalsed said, post some videos, even if it's just to tweak at W9JAB angel I can take it, and good luck from me also.

But this is what bowling is supposed to look like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMgD9WpAt4M

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#196972 - 03/15/17 10:18 PM Re: 2 handed bolwing [Re: W9JAB]
champ Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 29/M/AZ
Originally Posted By: W9JAB

idea

#196975 - 03/16/17 04:21 AM Re: 2 handed bolwing [Re: W9JAB]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Belgium
I did like that story from Belmo where he states he was too small to throw the ball normally at that time. But he was big enough to throw it normally from let's say when he was 8-10 years old. Everyone told him to throw 'normal' and he didn't listen. If every bowler (or even any other sport we know) only tried to learn textbook form, there are a lot of sports that would not make any progression anymore.

Usually the stubborn ones, are the ones that become the absolute legends when it works.

#196976 - 03/16/17 08:12 AM Re: 2 handed bolwing [Re: spectral]
Mkirchie Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 36/M/New Jersey
Originally Posted By: spectral
I moved very much to the left and try to play it 4-5 boards away from the pocket and it will probably go into the pocket. But i have almost no room for error. Miss slightly outside and it won't come back at all and get 6-7 pins.

I checked your profile and saw that you are right-handed. Assuming that the shot is still typical of a house shot but with a greater volume, the last thing I would have done is moved left and played the type of line I think you are trying to play. In most cases, a house shot will be rather flooded inside of 10. Based on what you said about playing 4-5 boards away from the pocket, you're likely playing around 12-13 and right in the flood. I'm assuming that you're playing straight up the boards so the ball also has a break point of around 12-13. If that is the case, when you miss 2-3 boards right, you're still in that flood. Increased area to miss right appears when you find friction, which is most likely outside of 10 assuming that the pattern is still like a typical house shot. Check this article, it might relate to your issues with the oil pattern and the large volume in the middle of the lane.

http://www.bowl4fun.com/ron/btm01_files/btm1.htm

Mark

#196978 - 03/16/17 11:09 AM Re: 2 handed bolwing [Re: Mkirchie]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Belgium
I mostly play on typical house shots in other bowlings when playing vs other teams, but the home bowling for my team currently is not a typical house shot. Even some of the better players of the country struggle on the condition depending on where they naturally play the lanes.

Like i said the bowling is run by 2 of the best belgian bowlers (multiple national titles) and he likes to put a rather challenging lane condition. Players with low to average and even above average rev rates cannot throw it to the outside or it will not recover at all. Even people with insane rev rates cannot go very far outside alltho they do have a bit of room to the outside. The owner itself also plays the middle(ish) of the lane because there is a bit less oil than to the outside. I'm pretty sure it is a slightly reversed oil pattern because i know the owner does not like high rev rate sprayers that have recovery to the pocket when they miss wide by 5-10 boards like in some other bowlings.

I think my adjustments are pretty close to where i should be playing, but a tad bit more hitting power would be very welcome.

#196979 - 03/16/17 11:44 AM Re: 2 handed bolwing [Re: champ]
mmalsed Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Riverside, CA
Originally Posted By: champ
Originally Posted By: W9JAB

idea

I know.

Bowling is supposed to look like someone delivering the ball, somehow, and the ball going down the lane and hitting pins. smile

16# IQ Tour Pearl/16# Crux/16# Marvel S/15#White Dot

"Gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight"

#196980 - 03/16/17 12:00 PM Re: 2 handed bolwing [Re: mmalsed]
82Boat69 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 69/M/California
15 lb Columbia Blue Dot: Circa 1979

#196981 - 03/16/17 12:01 PM Re: 2 handed bolwing [Re: 82Boat69]
82Boat69 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 69/M/California
15 lb Columbia Blue Dot: Circa 1979

#196983 - 03/16/17 05:46 PM Re: 2 handed bolwing [Re: spectral]
Mkirchie Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 36/M/New Jersey
I forgot what you said about the pattern earlier and the bowlers who run the lanes where you bowl. Intentional reverse pattern are very rare, I'm thinking it is more likely a flat pattern or a sport pattern. In an earlier post, you mention having some hold but coming in flat when you miss inside. If it were put down as a reverse block to start, you'd have no hold at all inside.

Are a lot of bowlers playing around the same area? This can happen on low ratio sport and flat patterns if there is a lot of traffic in the middle of the lane. With a lot of traffic in the middle of the lane, bowlers will start to create friction where they are playing which might explain why it starts to react more towards the middle part of the lane. Miss just a little off of that friction, it will sail into the oil where there is little traffic. Miss a little inside of that friction and you get hold, but a ball that doesn't finish. You end up with what behaves sort of like a reverse pattern to the outside, but it wasn't intentional or that way to start out. Although this is older check the response about reverse blocks that WRW Jr. gives to a question from 29/1/2002 (or January 29th, 2002.)

http://www.walterray.com/answers2/lanecon.shtml

You'll find the same sort of comment about reverse blocks from other resources online, including an older post from here.

http://www.bowlingcommunity.com/b/ubbthreads.php/topics/54314/CoachJim.html#Post54314

Depending on when/where the friction forms, the pattern starts to become more forgiving which can give a little more area to the higher rev players, but it won't be much. The additional hitting power might help but on sport or flat patterns the goal is to try to survive, not to necessarily throw pins all over the place.

Mark

#196984 - 03/16/17 10:51 PM Re: 2 handed bolwing [Re: spectral]
W9JAB Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 66/m/Il.
82Boat69, ya know I love Helicopter/UFO bowling and did try it at first.
The problem I had was I did have enough experience on how to pick up spares.

Also they use light plastic balls without a wight block.

I wonder how a modern resin ball would do. I'm going out tomorrow I think I'll give it a try, for a few frames.

But face it for grace and style ya can't beat Wayne. thumbsup

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Motiv Tank Rampage Urethane
by nord - 0 seconds ago
Flat Pattern prep
by SteveH - Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Loving the sport patterns
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 01:50 PM
Okay - have to figure out how to deal with
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 01:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2016-17 thread
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:06 AM
Knee Pain?
by BowlerBill - 04/28/17 04:43 PM
300 in less than 90 seconds
by W9JAB - 04/27/17 11:12 AM
Sign-up open for fall V-league (closes 8/20)
by Richie V. - 04/26/17 02:26 PM
Winter '17 Week 15 VL results, final standings
by Richie V. - 04/24/17 11:48 PM
PRODIGY BOWLERS TOUR -- 04-22-2017 "Single Ball"
by Brownswick - 04/24/17 11:23 AM
This is worth 1:13 of your time
by W9JAB - 04/24/17 09:44 AM
15lb hammer limited
by W9JAB - 04/24/17 08:39 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.